Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 05:47 PM   #1
murphzmom
murphzmom began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Looking for an App

When I was using my I**d I had a free app called Foxit PDF reader which would allow me to download my documents, save them and I could also make notes right on the screen/document. I am now using my Kindle Fire for all my documents and I am looking for an app where I can make the annotations on the screen and save them, is there such an app out there, preferable free?? Thanks for the help!!
murphzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
The Amazon App store has Free

Foxit MobilePDF - PDF Reader

https://www.amazon.com/Foxit-Corpora...dp/B006FPFTMS/

What Foxit MobilePDF can offer to you:

View, organize, and edit PDF files
• Reflow PDF files for easy viewing
• Support multiple tab view (for tablets only)
• Rename, move, copy or delete PDF file(s)
• Annotate, stamp, and sign PDF documents
• Support to read PDFs out loud
• Play audios and videos in PDF.
• Scan, capture, and convert paper documents to PDFs

==
Also Free
PDF Max - Read, Annotate & Edit PDF documents plus Fill out PDF Forms

There are paid versions of both
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2018, 03:24 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I use EZPDF Reader Pro I got it for free during a giveaway.
https://www.amazon.com/ezPDF-Reader-.../dp/B004R13U6Y
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:31 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
a cautionary note. In many cases amazon sells an app ( for non amazon devices) but flags it as incompatible for Fire tablets, so it does not appear in the app store when viewed from Fire tablet. They seem to do this to all all reader apps that have a TTS feature - to squash competition for audible. So its a bit of a roundabout dance - requiring 2 devices or an emulator - to buy and load such an app onto the fire tablet.
for a current fire tablet, its better to sideload google services, then you get access to a wider range of reader apps via the google store, with no silly TTS restrictions.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:01 PM   #5
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
a cautionary note. In many cases amazon sells an app ( for non amazon devices) but flags it as incompatible for Fire tablets, so it does not appear in the app store when viewed from Fire tablet. They seem to do this to all all reader apps that have a TTS feature - to squash competition for audible. So its a bit of a roundabout dance - requiring 2 devices or an emulator - to buy and load such an app onto the fire tablet.
for a current fire tablet, its better to sideload google services, then you get access to a wider range of reader apps via the google store, with no silly TTS restrictions.
Google Play store will also give you the most current version of an app. There are a lot of apps that get abandoned with no updates in the Amazon app store, including some paid apps.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2018, 12:43 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Google Play store will also give you the most current version of an app. There are a lot of apps that get abandoned with no updates in the Amazon app store, including some paid apps.
with that scenario, its best to complete delete the amazon "purchase" - from their cloud, for any free app., once you have the better version working from google. To avoid that dance of each app store trying to update apps from the other store
you cant completely stop the nags, but amazon auto update should fail on a "signature changed" error and not actually overwrite I see that daily with my plex app from google and my sideloaded netflix HD app, i just ignore the nags.

in the other direction - you can flag an app from google to not auto update on a device. so i can stop google from overwriting the amazon alexa , and amazon drive apps
Old 12-06-2018, 01:40 AM   #7
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
with that scenario, its best to complete delete the amazon "purchase" - from their cloud, for any free app., once you have the better version working from google. To avoid that dance of each app store trying to update apps from the other store
you cant completely stop the nags, but amazon auto update should fail on a "signature changed" error and not actually overwrite I see that daily with my plex app from google and my sideloaded netflix HD app, i just ignore the nags.

in the other direction - you can flag an app from google to not auto update on a device. so i can stop google from overwriting the amazon alexa , and amazon drive apps
I don't get free apps from Amazon that are available for free from Google. I was referring to the paid apps from Amazon that are a complete rip off when they are no longer updated. I refuse to pay for an from a developer who will not keep a paid app up to date on Amazon. I will buy a different app from Google. I will not reward a developer for what I consider fraud.

I don't have either the Amazon app store or Google auto update any apps since they frequently change things so that I can no longer use the app. Like tapatalk removing the ability to change the font size.

I don't currently see anywhere in the Amazon app store on android settings to not auto update, but they used to have it. Since my apps don't auto update and I see people complain that theirs do I wonder why mine don't.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:26 PM   #8
stumped
Wizard

I used to write to app developers asking why their Amazon versions were so out of date? Invariably they blamed Amazon's approval process for being slow, torturous..
Yet other developers e.g. chaley with calibre companion, seem to cope with being up to date in both stores.
The various apps from the BBC, who presumably can afford developers who understand the approval process, have terrible Amazon store versions. I get all those, and all my other news apps, from Google instead.
one thing Amazon still does well is lots and lots of free apps for entertaining grandchildren, toddlers, and good parental controls to block in app purchases within those. But the trade off is that you still cannot have Alexa on fire tablets if you want parental controls