Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
Donna Quichote
Donna Quichote began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Angry Kobo device crashes

I have an Kobo Touch e-reader..lately when I close the reader and I try to start the reader te next day, my library is empty and also teh books on the memorycard aren't there anymore..
the books on the memorycard are recognizable and there when I put the card in the memoryreader of my desktop, but in the Kobo not recognized...
I tried several times to go to the fabric settings, but the problem keeps coming back!

Can I delete the software on the Kobo and install Calibre directly on the Kobo device?
I can't find new software for my Kobo on the internet and the Kobo compagny
would not help me out!
Donna Quichote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Quichote View Post
I have an Kobo Touch e-reader..lately when I close the reader and I try to start the reader te next day, my library is empty and also teh books on the memorycard aren't there anymore..
the books on the memorycard are recognizable and there when I put the card in the memoryreader of my desktop, but in the Kobo not recognized...
I tried several times to go to the fabric settings, but the problem keeps coming back!

Can I delete the software on the Kobo and install Calibre directly on the Kobo device?
I can't find new software for my Kobo on the internet and the Kobo compagny
would not help me out!
Calibre does not run on reader devices. PC, MAC or full Linux machines only.

Someone familiar with Kobo <model? > will probably step up
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Donna Quichote: From that description, the database on the device is corrupt. The database stores details about all the books on the device and is used to display the book lists. The fix is to logout of the Kobo userid on the device. This will restart the machine, check for any updates, create a new database and then prompt you to login. Then it will process the books on the device into the database and hence the library. To so this, go to the "Account' page of the settings on the device.

Occasionally, this doesn't work. If it doesn't, you will need to do a factory reset. This will wipe the books from the device, reinstall the factory installed firmware and take you through the full device setup.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
Donna Quichote
Donna Quichote began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hello theducks and davidfor,
Thanks for trying to help out, I'll sure will try to fix the Kobo Touch, I'll come back with the results!
Donna Quichote is offline   Reply With Quote