Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
newConverter
newConverter began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help: bogus database name! is this really a PalmOS file?

I got this error and tried to change the database name to something shorter than 32 characters using this command:
mobi2mobi --outfile Ultimate_French_Verb.azw --databasename "Ult_French_Verb" Ult_Frnch_Verb.azw

I am new to this and got the original error. Can someone tell me how to do this easily?
newConverter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
newConverter
newConverter began at the beginning.

Device: none
details: the problem seems to be that a 32 character database name is expected and a longer name prevents calibre from readinga null terminating character. When I try to convert with calibre I get a topaz files are not supported error.
newConverter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
is this really a PalmOS file?
The question should be; "is this really a mobi file?"

Quote:
When I try to convert with calibre I get a topaz files are not supported error
Which answers the above question. You need to search for tools pertaining to the topaz format (which are not for the faint of heart).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by newConverter View Post
details: the problem seems to be that a 32 character database name is expected and a longer name prevents calibre from readinga null terminating character. When I try to convert with calibre I get a topaz files are not supported error.
From what i remember the database name does not have to be null terminated. Bur it cannot be longer than 32 characters.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote