Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-20-2009, 02:19 AM   #1
enarchay
Zealot
enarchay began at the beginning.

Device: none
SD card and battery life?

I heard SD cards run down the battery life of the 505. I've been keeping my SD Card in every time I read, and I haven't really noticed. Is this true?
enarchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:52 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, certainly it's true - the SD card draws power.

If, however, you're asking "is it a noticeable power drain", then the answer is "no". The power drain of the SD card is very small.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2009, 05:38 AM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, certainly it's true - the SD card draws power.

If, however, you're asking "is it a noticeable power drain", then the answer is "no". The power drain of the SD card is very small.
What Harry said. I really don't notice a drain at all with my SD card. I do, however, notice a slightly slower reaction time when opening books.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:10 AM   #4
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
I don't have any numbers to back it up, but subjectively it seems that my Readers lasts significantly longer now (no card inserted) than it used to a year ago (when I kept a SD card in at all times).
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote