Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Select the Category You Would Like for January
Second Chance 13 44.83%
Award Winners 2 6.90%
Young Adult 4 13.79%
Classics 7 24.14%
Modern Fiction 1 3.45%
Major Award Winners 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
January 2013 Category Vote

This hidden poll will be up for 4 days. Vote for one of the following for our January 2013 Category:
  • Second Chance
  • Award Winners
  • Young Adult
  • Classics
  • Modern Fiction
  • Major Award Winners
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
OK, I voted.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I voted as well.

Any thoughts on the "multiple choice" idea from the other thread, Tom?
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yay - voted.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can say, I voted for the category that makes the most sense for January.
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I can say, I voted for the category that makes the most sense for January.
Classics? Good call.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:42 AM   #7
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I voted.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:37 AM   #8
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I voted. I'm sorry the votes are hidden, as I have my lemming head on this morning, and could have done with someone else telling me how to vote...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:29 AM   #9
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I voted.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Classics? Good call.
You have it all wrong. Classics makes no sense for any month.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm happy "Second Chance" is staying.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #12
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I'm happy "Second Chance" is staying.
As am I. All the suggestions for genres so far are good ones for other months, but I really think January and Second Chance are a perfect fit. I wouldn't mind seeing other categories shifted around or even replaced altogether in some instances perhaps, but I really think this is the category for January. I'll be starting a nomination thread for February some time later today unless the Universe has other plans, and then we can have some more fun.

Think I'll nominate "Classics that have been reworked to include zombies" as a category.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #13
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Think I'll nominate "Classics that have been reworked to include zombies" as a category.
Only if they're also indie.

Looking at the second chance options now (except for Dec 2012 of course). Interesting collection of books. Already scoping out what I'd like to vote for. I wonder if we'll get multiple choice because there are a couple here I could go for.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #14
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
As am I. All the suggestions for genres so far are good ones for other months, but I really think January and Second Chance are a perfect fit. I wouldn't mind seeing other categories shifted around or even replaced altogether in some instances perhaps, but I really think this is the category for January. I'll be starting a nomination thread for February some time later today unless the Universe has other plans, and then we can have some more fun.
I agree & look forward to the others.

Quote:
I'll nominate "Classics that have been reworked to include zombies" as a category.

At the risk of being boring and overly sentimental, I will automatically nominate Romance for February. I feel that if we're going to have Romance as an option then February (due to Valentines Day) should be its month. I'll even go so far as to say it is the only month for which I'll nominate/vote for Romance. Past that, however, I'm looking forward to shaking things up a bit.

Last edited by Nyssa; 11-19-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #15
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
At the risk of being boring and overly sentimental, I will automatically nominate Romance for February. I feel that if we're going to have Romance as an option then February (due to Valentines Day) should be its month. Past that, however, I'm also looking forward to shaking things up a bit.
Romance classics that have been reworked to include zombies!

I noticed that romance wasn't that popular in a recent poll about what genres people read, and I don't think many of the romance lovers participate in bookclub, so perhaps February would be a good month for Classics (with or without zombies).
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote