Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Smashwords Bundles

Alright, shoot me (not literally, please) if this is something that's been posted before, but I didn't find anything specific to my question, so I'm asking here. I've got a 5 book series I'm putting up on Smashwords (I know, it took me ages to get them up there, but that's a LONG story, so I'll spare you the details) and as such I'm trying to figure out how I would go about bundling them together and selling them as a set. I looked around but couldn't find any answers to how. So either there isn't one, one exists but is hard to find, or it's in plain sight and I'm blind. Either way, can someone help me with this? Thanks.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't think there is a way other than uploading them as a single combined book and call it bundle or omnibus edition. That's the only kind of bundled together books I can find on Smashwords.

Personally I very much prefer the books to be separate though, so I usually split them myself if necessary.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was figuring. I wanted to give the reader the option to buy one at a time or as a bundle without having to fuss with all the other info that goes with a book. IE, just take what's already there and bundle it together.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
That is my understanding too. You can have both the separate books and the bundle up at the same time though and reader then has a choice.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Given how I tend to prefer doing things low-tech and low-concept, I'd just do it as an omnibus. Course that'd also mean I'd have to figure out how to make a Table of Contents, which isn't exactly something I've been looking forward to doing.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Yeah, I don't want to fuss with making a bundle either. Someone said that at one of the sites (forget where) you had the ability to specify a discount if the user bought more than one and increment or increase the discount based on how many total they bought. But for the life of me I can't find the info anymore. Either way, the idea was essentially just a really fancy coupon of sorts.