Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Best dimensions for a Pocketbook IQ wallpaper?

The title says it all - what are the best dimensions for making a Pocketbook IQ wallpaper? And where can I save any wallpaper I may end up making? Is there a folder somewhere I can upload it to?
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
See this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115796
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 04:00 AM   #3
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
No, no, that's something else, I'm asking about the wallpaper that stays in the background when you use your home screen, and where all the icons and widgets are. You know, the one we can "screen" to the right a couple of times and then back again. That's what I want to change.

When I go to my gallery and choose a photo as walpaper, the IQ always wants me to crop it, which leaves me with ugly pixelation. I want to prepare a couple of images that are the right size for the scrolling effect, and that won't get cropped when I set them as wallpapers. I've already received all the answers I needed for the boot logo, thank you. I'm using the last image (book with trees from vladstudio).
Old 01-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
The title says it all - what are the best dimensions for making a Pocketbook IQ wallpaper? And where can I save any wallpaper I may end up making? Is there a folder somewhere I can upload it to?
The screen has a standard resolution of 800x600, so you could use a wallpaper of that size. It's good because it's the same resolution as old monitors had, and there are a lot of wallpapers made for that resolution already. 800x480, as many other Android devices use, is not too great for WP's...
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
citac
Fanatic

Would 800x600 size work well in portrait mode, which is what I mostly use? I'm guessing the wallpaper would have to be at least 800px tall. And what would it look like if I switched to landscape mode for a reason? I know, the best way is to experiment and find out by myself, which I will as soon as I can; in the mean time I wanted to check if anyone tried different wallpaper sizes before. Thanks!
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Would 800x600 size work well in portrait mode, which is what I mostly use? I'm guessing the wallpaper would have to be at least 800px tall. And what would it look like if I switched to landscape mode for a reason? I know, the best way is to experiment and find out by myself, which I will as soon as I can; in the mean time I wanted to check if anyone tried different wallpaper sizes before. Thanks!
will not work the way you think it will. Read this article to get a full of understanding of what android is doing to the wallpaper.

http://lifehacker.com/5657727/whats-...r-requirements

So the perfect wallpaper is one in landscape and is 1200x800.

Cheers

p.s. grab an android app -- "wallpaper set and save". It will make your life a lot easier than using the default android cropping function.

Last edited by hiaig; 01-17-2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: add wallpaper size
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:19 AM   #7
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
will not work the way you think it will. Read this article to get a full of understanding of what android is doing to the wallpaper.

http://lifehacker.com/5657727/whats-...r-requirements

So the perfect wallpaper is one in landscape and is 1200x800.

Cheers

p.s. grab an android app -- "wallpaper set and save". It will make your life a lot easier than using the default android cropping function.
Well, that's good to know. I can now look around for some interesting wallpapers to use, or make my own. Thanks!

And thank you for the heads up on that app too, I will check it out. Now that we've got wireless in our office, I can see what surfing on the IQ is like.

Tags
pocketbook iq, wallpaper