Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Exclamation Aldiko update

Just updated:
Adobe DRM, both ePUB and PDF
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Just updated:
Whoa!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Thanks for the post

It's only the paid version ($3) that has been updated, the free version is still at 1.x version.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Thanks for the post

It's only the paid version ($3) that has been updated, the free version is still at 1.x version.

=X=
Thanks for the clarification.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Plus the premium version is 5MB+. I'm trying to make room for it on my IQ right now. The installed version is 13.95MB.

Last edited by TallMomof2; 12-20-2010 at 04:46 PM.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Just updated:
Does that mean that it supports library books? I might upgrade to the paid version if it does...
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Does that mean that it supports library books? I might upgrade to the paid version if it does...
Yes it does.
But so does the Overdrive Media Console and that one's free.
Just saying...

(I'm looking to get my hands on Aldiko 2.0 myself.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Yes it does.
But so does the Overdrive Media Console and that one's free.
Just saying...

(I'm looking to get my hands on Aldiko 2.0 myself.)
??? Overdrive media console still requires a compatible device, doesn't it?
Old 12-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #9
twowheels
Wizard

From their website...

> Add ebooks from your local public library;

Looking good... I see that v2.0 is in the market for the paid version of the app, though the ratings aren't looking very promising...
Old 12-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #10
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
??? Overdrive media console still requires a compatible device, doesn't it?
Compatible device for what?
Sorry, I just tried it on the Pocketbook IQ; it directly accessed the library from the tablet. It also opened ebooks directed to it by the file manager.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #11
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
How to you compare Aldiko and Overdrive for usability?

I like Overdrive, like one of the posts, because it is DIRECT to my public library's collection. I like the tap on the right to page forward, tap on the left to go back, tap in the middle for position in the chapter and the book.

What I don't like:
- no PDF
- a bug where the last line of a page (about every 15 pages) only partially appears
- switching to another program forces me to restart and to reselect the book again

Is Aldiko V2 direct? Or, uses Adobe Digital Editions like on a Windows machine and side loaded via Digital Editions?
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #12
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'm having minimal success loading DRM ePub into Aldiko 2.0. No direct downloads from the library or Fictionwise. The IQ doesn't recognize the .acsm file from the library and when I try at Fictionwise I get a web page patially filled with character strings. Sideloading doesn't really work well. 8 of 10 purchased DRM ePubs imported, no library DRM ePUb even though it's all under the same Adobe ID.

You can download extra fonts.

The navigation choices are sparse compared to the free edition.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #13
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
yeah, they crippled the advanced options in 2.0. only +/- for font and margins. so on my evo i have too wide a margin on the sides and the font's are either too big or too small. i can't select anything in between. it seems they dumbed it down for less technical people using the app on ereaders (not that the old version was very technical, it just makes changing preferences easier, but limited)

the shelves have no titles above them so at a puny thumbnail size i really can't see the titles of the books on the shelves.

good thing is that i have titanium backup and made a backup just before upgrading. i'm back to the older version now. this may be the catalyst for me to switch to fbreader.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #14
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsquabbles View Post
yeah, they crippled the advanced options in 2.0. only +/- for font and margins. so on my evo i have too wide a margin on the sides and the font's are either too big or too small. i can't select anything in between. it seems they dumbed it down for less technical people using the app on ereaders (not that the old version was very technical, it just makes changing preferences easier, but limited)

the shelves have no titles above them so at a puny thumbnail size i really can't see the titles of the books on the shelves.

good thing is that i have titanium backup and made a backup just before upgrading. i'm back to the older version now. this may be the catalyst for me to switch to fbreader.
Thanks for sharing. I'll stick with the old version then.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #15
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsquabbles View Post
this may be the catalyst for me to switch to fbreader.
Check out Coolreader 3 for Android, it has even more configuration options than Aldiko. No fancy graphics effects but it does let you choose your display font face and background.