Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-02-2017, 08:31 AM   #286
jmpio
jmpio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
... you will need to sign out of the Kobo account on the device and back in. This will generate a new database and download any purchased books and reprocess any sideloaded books. The database will be cleared of annotations for sideloaded books, but if there are any annotation files in the "Digital Editions" directory, these will be used when the books are opened.
Thank you! I did it as instructed in your answer and... it works perfectly!
jmpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:37 AM   #287
jmpio
jmpio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thank you! I did it as instructed in your answer and... it works perfectly!
jmpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:10 PM   #288
TGSET
TGSET began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
customize annotations plugin for Kobo crashes Calibre

Hi. Sorry to be so lame that I introduce myself with a question. I recently had a badly corrupted kobo database and had to wipe it then restore from a year old backup. Reinstalling the usual plugins worked better than before now that I have some idea of what's going on. The exception is the annotation plugin (1.4.11). It can fetches and displays annotations from the device but fails when I try to import. And it flat out crashes Calibre when I try to customize the plugin. The import error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 289, in fetch_device_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 994, in process_selected_books
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 141, in add_annotations_to_calibre
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Any idea? Did I miss a thread in my search? Suggestions will be appreciated! Many thanks to all Calibre/Plugin contributors - you're the best.

TG
TGSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:28 AM   #289
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGSET View Post
Hi. Sorry to be so lame that I introduce myself with a question. I recently had a badly corrupted kobo database and had to wipe it then restore from a year old backup. Reinstalling the usual plugins worked better than before now that I have some idea of what's going on.
Sorry, I don't know what these have to do with each other. A corrupt database on the Kobo device, doesn't affect calibre. Nothing should be removed or reinstalled. Or did you mean a calibre database?
Quote:
The exception is the annotation plugin (1.4.11). It can fetches and displays annotations from the device but fails when I try to import. And it flat out crashes Calibre when I try to customize the plugin. The import error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 289, in fetch_device_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 994, in process_selected_books
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 141, in add_annotations_to_calibre
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Any idea? Did I miss a thread in my search? Suggestions will be appreciated! Many thanks to all Calibre/Plugin contributors - you're the best.
That means there is a problem with the plugins configuration. Either you haven't configured the column for it to store the annotations, or the column doesn't exist. It's more likely the latter. If you configure the plugin to use a column and then remove the column, you will get this error. It's something on my bug list, but I haven't gotten around to fixing it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #290
TGSET

Thank you for the assistance. OK, the database stuff was irrelevant and confusing. As to the configure the plugin solution I would love to but "it flat out crashes Calibre when I try to customize the plugin." Is there another method of configuring? I apologize if I seem dense but this is a fresh install of the plugin. What column would it be looking for?

TG
Old 03-06-2017, 11:25 PM   #291
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you for the assistance. OK, the database stuff was irrelevant and confusing. As to the configure the plugin solution I would love to but "it flat out crashes Calibre when I try to customize the plugin." Is there another method of configuring? I apologize if I seem dense but this is a fresh install of the plugin. What column would it be looking for?
I'll have to do some testing when I get home, but I suspect that opening the configuration is failing because the column doesn't exist. Recreating the column would fix that. But you would need to get the name right.

I'll have a look at it tonight and see what can be done.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:39 AM   #292
TGSET

The image I restored from may have had annotation installed as one time but I removed it. This problem comes after restoring and newly installing the plugin. Could it leave files behind? I couldn't find anything obvious. I tried creating several columns with likely names but no luck. I captured the crash, the error msg is similar to the fetch error but ends with a seg fault.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:41 AM   #293
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - Fix problems when annotations column doesn't exist.

I've had a look at the two problems reported by TGSET. These are both caused by a mismatch between the plugins configuration and the calibre library. What has happened is that the configuration was saved using a custom column for the annotations column. After this, the column was removed. The errors were because there was not enough checking of the configuration before the plugin attempted to use the column.

The attached beta version of the plugin fixes this problem. The crash when the plugin configuration is opened will no longer happen. And if you try to fetch annotations from a device and the annotations column does not exist, an error message will be displayed. Please try this beta and tell me how it goes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-beta.zip (658.8 KB, 325 views)
Old 03-07-2017, 06:32 PM   #294
TGSET

Much thanks. This allows me to change columns now. Customize pops up with "Comments" as the suggest colum. That seemed reasonable so I left it. But the fetch complained that it couldn't find an "Annotations column." I suppose that's the old name that got me stuck. I created Annotations and it worked. I then reselected "Comments" and the plugin offered to move my notes - which it did. A little round about but it clearly fixed my problem.

An observation: On KDE/Qt the "fetching" wait window shows me a frame surrounding a transparent window without content. It doesn't affect operation.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:18 PM   #295
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Much thanks. This allows me to change columns now. Customize pops up with "Comments" as the suggest colum. That seemed reasonable so I left it. But the fetch complained that it couldn't find an "Annotations column." I suppose that's the old name that got me stuck.
Did you save the change by pressing OK? Or just cancel? If you didn't save the change, then it was working correctly. If you did, then I still have a bug and I'll look at it tonight.
Quote:
I created Annotations and it worked. I then reselected "Comments" and the plugin offered to move my notes - which it did. A little round about but it clearly fixed my problem.

An observation: On KDE/Qt the "fetching" wait window shows me a frame surrounding a transparent window without content. It doesn't affect operation.
That's the fetch from the device? I'll check exactly how it is built, but I'm sure it looked OK on my Windows machine last night. I don't have anything else to test with, so anything I do will be guesswork.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:35 AM   #296
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - Fix problems when annotations column doesn't exist - Part 2

Here's another beta for the configuration problems. I missed handing the "Comments" field properly. This meant that if the plugin didn't consider the comments field as a selected column when attempting to fetch the annotations.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-beta.zip (658.9 KB, 326 views)
Old 03-08-2017, 06:33 PM   #297
TGSET

Yes, it's the annotation fetch from the device.
I see the transparency glitch on Debian Jessie - KDE v4.4.14.
Maybe that helps?

Thanks for the updated plugin!
Old 04-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #298
Yann-Gaël
Yann-Gaël began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glow
Hi there!

I am trying to use the Annotations plug-in to download and see/print annotations from en EPUB book but I am running into problems. I am using Calibre 2.82.0 and Annotations 1.4.11 (from "Get plugins to enhance Calibre"). I am using a Kobo Glo.

If I start from a fresh library, I can see the book on my Card A and save it to my library. Then, I can "Fetch annotations from Kobo Glo". A new window "Import Annotations" opens, with the title of my book and 728 annotations, I click "Import Annotations". Then, I receive an error "__getitem__". I can solve this error by "Customize plugin..." and select "Add fetched annotations to" and "Comments". I quit Calibre and restart.

Now, if I select "Fetch annotations from Kobo Glo", same window, some button but a progress dialog opens but no annotations appear in the "Comments" column.

Now, If I select "Customize plugin..." and select "Add fetched annotations to", I can create "Annotations" using the "magic wand". A dialog opens to move the comments. Again, an exception but "__getitem__".

I can solve this exception by closing Calibre and running it again and running the "Fetch annotations from Kobo Glo". This time, in the column Annotations, there is some information.

Now, how I can use this information? How could I visualise the annotation over the text of the book?

Sorry if I am not clear, please do not hesitate to ask me any clarifications!
Thank you in advance for your help!
Yann
Yann-Gaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:46 AM   #299
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Yann-Gaël: Two posts above yours is a post with a beta version of the plugin. It was put up to fix some problems with the configuration if custom columns were changed elsewhere in calibre. I think this will solve the problems you are seeing.

If it doesn't, I need more information. At the least, the full error that is shown. Click the copy button at the bottom of the error dialog to copy the details to the clipboard and post it here.

Unfortunately, there isn't any way to integrate this with the actual book. All you can do is view it in calibre and use the quoted text to find it in the book. This might change, but it requires support elsewhere in calibre to do it.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #300
Cibes
Cibes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Nice plugin - and I love the extensibility!

I put together a basic script to make it work with the Sony Reader (T2) here: https://github.com/sleidig/calibre_a...ons_sonyreader
Cibes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp