Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-06-2017, 06:56 PM   #1
Mirirob
Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kindle fire does not see mobi books

People have been posting mobi problems that I don't have.

I have downloaded numerous books in mobi, pdf prc formats.

They are all visible in the Fire document folder but the Kindle will not see them.

I have restarted it several times to no avail.

I have re registered it once. It used to work OK on all the books I have read. I have had some problems with the Kindle before. Amazon's tech support had varied from OK to useless.

Calibre is not an issue because the books have not been converted to another format.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Richard
Mirirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirirob View Post
People have been posting mobi problems that I don't have.

I have downloaded numerous books in mobi, pdf prc formats.

They are all visible in the Fire document folder but the Kindle will not see them.

I have restarted it several times to no avail.

I have re registered it once. It used to work OK on all the books I have read. I have had some problems with the Kindle before. Amazon's tech support had varied from OK to useless.

Calibre is not an issue because the books have not been converted to another format.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Richard
Look under docs not books on the Fire.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
This Amazon help page may be of use: Transfer Content via USB

It indicates the specific directories that should be used for sideloaded content on Fire tablets.

Also, if the books were copied from another Kindle device or app they may have DRM that prevents them from working when transferred to your Fire tablet.

(And as Cinisajoy wrote, sideloaded books will be listed as Documents, not Books.)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:14 AM   #4
specsavage
specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Actually, you can sideload directly into the "Books" file, and they will automatically appear in your Library section on the Kindle Fire.
specsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:04 PM   #5
Mirirob
Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mirirob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think I have an idea what is going on

And I hate that solution.

I am going to need some quality time on the phone with Tech Support.

I think it is a different issue than what I have been struggling with.

I'll keep you informed.

Richard
Mirirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert