Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 08:31 PM   #29671
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
I don't even know how to rant about this one without coming off like a heartless bitch.

I just don't understand wanting to end your life because your boyfriend broke up with you. No man is worth that. Have some self-respect and kick him out the door if he doesn't want to be with you anymore.

I find it hard to have a whole bunch of sympathy about your messed up life, we all have problems we're dealing with.
Tell the girl exactly that. I don't see that as being a heartless bitch but a realist.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:21 PM   #29672
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
I don't even know how to rant about this one without coming off like a heartless bitch.

I just don't understand wanting to end your life because your boyfriend broke up with you. No man is worth that. Have some self-respect and kick him out the door if he doesn't want to be with you anymore.

I find it hard to have a whole bunch of sympathy about your messed up life, we all have problems we're dealing with.
How long was the relationship?
<= 6 months maybe?
If so just think about a junkie on cold turkey, from neurochemical POV it's exactly the same.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2017, 01:35 AM   #29673
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Oh ok. Then it would be Saturday night to keep the parties down. Interesting that one could either rent or buy in the same apartment complex.
Here it is usually one or the other.
It's private rent, I think. Someone buying an apartment and renting it out for profit.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #29674
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I just know way too many people that have fought to live and have passed away anyway. I don't get how anyone wants to just throw their life away.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #29675
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
@Hemmi, while we both agree on that the particular reason is stupid I disagree on the throw away theory in general. If you agree that everyones life belongs to himself you have to accept his or hers right to end it.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #29676
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Please take any discussion about the ethics of suicide to the P&R forum. Thank you.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:19 PM   #29677
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm sad that my favourite customer, and creator of Miffy/Nijntje, Dick Bruna has died. He was a super nice man, when I saw him around in town he always greeted me and when he came into the store he liked to have a chat.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:58 PM   #29678
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I'm sorry to hear that Rumpel. It always makes me sad when one of our customers at work passes away.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:00 PM   #29679
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
My time to vent a little:

My Amazon account was hacked today. The individual tried to transfer my gift card balance to someone else or buy another gift card to sell on Craigslist/eBay.

Fortunately, Amazon's security procedures stopped the hacker. The CS could read their chat sessions with the person pretending to be me.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #29680
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
My time to vent a little:

My Amazon account was hacked today. The individual tried to transfer my gift card balance to someone else or buy another gift card to sell on Craigslist/eBay.

Fortunately, Amazon's security procedures stopped the hacker. The CS could read their chat sessions with the person pretending to be me.
Was it random or someone you knew?

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #29681
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Was it random or someone you knew?

Sent from my XT1528
Random.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:19 PM   #29682
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Random.
I'd change your email address. I'm sure you've changed your password already.

I have an email address just for Amazon. I use it for nothing else.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 02-20-2017, 09:01 PM   #29683
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'd change your email address. I'm sure you've changed your password already.

I have an email address just for Amazon. I use it for nothing else.

Sent from my XT1528
The CSR said to change password and that would force the impostor off my account. Their IP address was logged and fraud dept notified.

According to the CSR, people often use chat to try and do nefarious things thinking it is less secure when, in fact, it's more secure.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #29684
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Yes but they got your email address somewhere and they might not be the only one. This is why I would changed it to a new one.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 02-20-2017, 09:18 PM   #29685
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Another late evening. Hubby is getting out of work late again. He just called.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness