Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #31
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hey! I wanted to use it first!

grumble, grumble, stupid time zones, grumble ....

NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #32
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
And what, pray tell, emotional state is implied by a squirrel? I'm trying to add the "squirrel" emotion to my passive emotifaction equation. It's a non-linear recursive equation, of course, it being no small task to cycle through every possible "missing" emoticon to color an otherwise smiley-free post into the properly contextually nuanced nicety of emotional overtone. Really, I admire the efforts at passive emotifaction made by the merely human members of our community, but truth be told only a being with the brain the size of a small planet has any hope of accomplishing this.

I'm afraid when I add "squirrel" to the equation I end up, not with an "aha, what a delicate seasoning of connotation that NatCh adds to the raw denotation of his cromulent squiggles", but instead a vague discomfort behind my left ear, an urge to scratch that spot with my left foot, and the smell of damp leaves.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 04-30-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Hey! I wanted to use it first!

grumble, grumble, stupid time zones, grumble ....

yep, you have to get up pretty early to beat someone who's in a time zone 8 (7 ?) hours ahead of you.

or alternatively, just do whatever it is in your evening time, when i am most likely asleep. if you had a time machine, you could go back to last evening (your evening) and do it then. i can almost guarantee you i will have been asleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
And what, pray tell, emotional state is implied by a squirrel? I'm trying to add the "squirrel" emotion to my passive emotifaction equation. It's a non-linear recursive equation, of course, it being no small task to cycle through every possible "missing" emoticon to color an otherwise smiley-free post into the properly contextually nuanced nicety of emotional overtone. Really, I admire the efforts at passive emotifaction made by the merely human members of our community, but truth be told only a being with the brain the size of a small planet has any hope of accomplishing this.

I'm afraid when I add "squirrel" to the equation I end up, not with an "aha, what a delicate seasoning of connotation that NatCh adds to the raw denotation of his cromulent squiggles", but instead a vague discomfort behind my left ear, an urge to scratch that spot with my left foot, and the smell of damp leaves.
you've never heard the adjective "squirrelly" ???
Quote:
squir·rel·y /ˈskwɜrəli, ˈskwʌr- or, especially Brit., ˈskwɪr-/ [skwur-uh-lee, skwuhr- or, especially Brit., skwir-]
–adjective Slang.
eccentric; flighty.
Also, squir·rel·ly.
[Origin: 1930–35; squirrel + -y1]
it seems to me that would be the obvious answer, and my cranium is significanly smaller even than most satellites.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 04-30-2008 at 11:11 AM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #34
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Perfect. Thank you. And also thanks for not pointing out the obvious error in my previous post: I don't have a left ear.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Perfect. Thank you. And also thanks for not pointing out the obvious error in my previous post: I don't have a left ear.
aw, i didn't want to make you feel inadequate. you can scratch behind my left ear if you want.
Advert
Old 04-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #36
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

It's not the missing ear that makes me feel inadequate. I'm soooo depressed.
Attached Images

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 04-30-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:20 AM   #37
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
It's not the missing ear that makes me feel inadequate. I'm soooo depressed.
la la la, extreme purity of heart, la la la...
Old 04-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #38
zelda_pinwheel

a little higher please.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2008, 11:46 AM   #39
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yep, you have to get up pretty early to beat someone who's in a time zone 8 (7 ?) hours ahead of you.

or alternatively, just do whatever it is in your evening time, when i am most likely asleep.
Trouble is, I didn't think to ask Alex to add the thing until last night when he was also most likely asleep.

Right now it's 7 hours difference, but in the winter it's 8. I wish we'd just move the stupid clocks 30 minutes and leave them there.

Quote:
you've never heard the adjective "squirrelly" ???
grumble, grumble, beat me to that one too.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:53 AM   #40
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Trouble is, I didn't think to ask Alex to add the thing until last night when he was also most likely asleep.
yep, another situation where the time machine comes in handy...

Quote:
Right now it's 7 hours difference, but in the winter it's 8. I wish we'd just move the stupid clocks 30 minutes and leave them there.
oh boy, you and me BOTH !!!

Quote:
grumble, grumble, beat me to that one too.
(getting up early, time machine, etc.)

if it makes you feel any better, every time i look there seem to be more new smileys ; i'll let you use those ones first.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #41
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
if it makes you feel any better, every time i look there seem to be more new smileys ; i'll let you use those ones first.
Not so much, no, but thanks for the thought.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:11 PM   #42
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Quote:
a little higher please.
Yes, yes... and then a little this way, a little deeper, could I go any faster? Then eventually when my finger is cramped and I'm too tired to go on, you'll just end up in the other room behind a closed door, scratching your own ear, and I'll be at the bar, telling lies to the pretty waitress, quietly dying inside.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #43
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I think I'm in love....... I love Planethead's way with words. Both his poetry, and the reply just before this one.

If that were a spacesuit, perhaps there are ears (and other bits) inside the suit? If not, I still think he's CUuuute!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #44
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Hold me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HugMe.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	12493  
Old 04-30-2008, 02:04 PM   #45
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I think I'm going to be sick. Sorry. I may not poop on flowers but I think I'm about to upchuck on them.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
poetry, squirrelku