Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
New Kindle pic?

This is a .jpg image of the current Kindle "cleaned" up and placed in different settings. Ok, still ugly, but think it is closer to what it could look like?

But it's not AS ugly as before. Lighting helps?

If anyone want's to post the thumbnail in the thread that would be awesome or is this a stupid idea on my part?

Hey they didn't announce anything, so I figured a new Kindle pic was in order. I also wanted to see how close I could get to how the actual thing might actually look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KindlePrototype_fake.jpg
Views:	1358
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	6357  

Last edited by tsgreer; 10-15-2007 at 04:47 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
tsgreer
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Oh hey, never mind, the thumbnail showed up. Yay
Advert
Old 10-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Cute!... the photoshopping I mean!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Its looking better all the time
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Just brightening up the color makes a huge difference ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
tsgreer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Its looking better all the time
Yeah, actually I think the fact that it's brighter makes it look a lot better. I think what made it so darn ugly in the original pic is the really bad tan 1970's lighting/coloring.

On a whim, I color adjusted and brightened the original pic up and noticed that it looked pretty decent. Then I put it in a better setting and it almost looks "buyable" now.

I was gonna get real elaborate on it but I only had 15 minutes left on my break, so it was a quickie job. I'm sure it's thinner than my pics make it look and if it was metallic or dark blue like the Sony, it would sorta rock!

Last edited by tsgreer; 10-15-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #7
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Dark blue metallic...
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:34 AM   #8
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
almost purchasable
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote