Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 05:46 AM   #1
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Unable to Download Magazines with Nook Color

Well, with the aid of a couple of gift cards, I got a Nook Color yesterday. This morning, I am finding that I cannot read my magazine subscription. Every issue I choose gives me an error: "Unable To Download - Please try again later."

Is this a Nook Color issue or is it the B&N server? Has anyone else run into this?
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
Well, with the aid of a couple of gift cards, I got a Nook Color yesterday. This morning, I am finding that I cannot read my magazine subscription. Every issue I choose gives me an error: "Unable To Download - Please try again later."

Is this a Nook Color issue or is it the B&N server? Has anyone else run into this?
Is this a magazine subscription you already had for the Nook Classic?
Than look at the magazine information on the B&N website to check on which device the magazine can be read.
A lot of magazines can only be read on the Nook Classic, or the Nook Color, but not on both.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #3
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
Is this a magazine subscription you already had for the Nook Classic?
Than look at the magazine information on the B&N website to check on which device the magazine can be read.
A lot of magazines can only be read on the Nook Classic, or the Nook Color, but not on both.
Yep, you're right. I just looked on the site and it only lists the Nook classic as devices it can be read on. Thanks for your help.

The question is what do I do about it? I still have my classic but was considering giving it to my wife.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote