Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #16
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Niiiice. I especially like the quotes. Thank you for the work involved.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #17
dougbiss
Enthusiast
dougbiss doesn't litterdougbiss doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Some searches don't seem to return the best price from a site.

Example: Vince Flynn, Term Limits.

Amazon has it for Kindle for $6.39 on their site, but your search does not come back with this result.

Edit: To elaborate more completely, the cheapest price it is returning from Amazon for this book is $9.59, whereas the actual lowest Amazon price comes in lower than the lowest reported price of any site, which is $6.99 according to the search.
Just checking Vince Flynn books, this seems to be a fairly common issue with Amazon prices.

Last edited by dougbiss; 11-05-2009 at 07:05 PM.
dougbiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #18
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
I have no criticism or problems with your efforts so far. It is an excellent and useful tool, and has certainly saved me a great deal of time and wasted effort already.

Good luck and I wish I had the ability to contribute something to assist others.
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #19
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur
MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougbiss View Post
Some searches don't seem to return the best price from a site.

Example: Vince Flynn, Term Limits.

Amazon has it for Kindle for $6.39 on their site, but your search does not come back with this result.

Edit: To elaborate more completely, the cheapest price it is returning from Amazon for this book is $9.59, whereas the actual lowest Amazon price comes in lower than the lowest reported price of any site, which is $6.99 according to the search.
Just checking Vince Flynn books, this seems to be a fairly common issue with Amazon prices.
Thanks for your information, it's very helpful for me to find the bug.
It's fixed now.
MetaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:53 AM   #20
trambler101
trambler101 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks for this - really useful - saved me a few quid!
trambler101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #21
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Handy! Thank you.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #22
twaits
twaits began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
MetaEbooks, thank you for this very good search engine, one suggestion though.

Would it be possible to have the free ebooks ordered by date added, instead of alphabetically. It would be easier to see if there is something new.
twaits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #23
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Cool, thanks!
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #24
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaEbooks View Post
technically harpersollinsebooks.com is kind of challenging for me to add. I may get back to it later.

Diesel ebooks and Waterstones were added.
Brilliant site... I've been looking for something like this for some time.

One thing I noticed... I did a search for "Old Man's War" with author field filled with "John Scalzi". I got the expected search results, but Diesel ebooks didn't get a hit. They're not the cheapest, but I would still expect them to be listed? (Diesel ebooks is good for us aussies as they don't appear to have many geographically restricted ebooks).

Apart from that... excellent
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #25
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur
MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

mukoan,

Thanks for your information, I have tried to contact diesel books about this problem.
Hopefully they can fix it as soon as possible.

twaits,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will list deal found in last 7 days.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:08 AM   #26
--abc--
--abc-- began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 (intl.)
This seems to be a small bug: Even if I untick "HTML" I still get all results including HTML. Example:

http://ebooks.addall.com/Search/Refi...rr=USD&match=Y

But nevertheless, thanks for the great site!
--abc-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:13 AM   #27
twaits
twaits began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaEbooks View Post
twaits,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will list deal found in last 7 days.
Perfect. Thanks
twaits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:35 AM   #28
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by --abc-- View Post
This seems to be a small bug: Even if I untick "HTML" I still get all results including HTML. Example:

http://ebooks.addall.com/Search/Refi...rr=USD&match=Y

But nevertheless, thanks for the great site!
Thanks for your information. It's fixed now.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #29
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I saw the links for the free ebooks at Sony, Amazon and eHarlequin, but I can't find a way to search for free ebooks at other sites.
Is it possible (currently or in the future) to include some criteria about price in the search ?
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #30
tzn22
Avid Reader
tzn22 began at the beginning.

Device: Blue ez reader pocket pro
I noticed that Shortcovers and CoolerEbooks are missing from the list of stores. It would be great if they can be added.
tzn22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook price comparison, metaebooks