Notices

Old 02-27-2019, 09:52 PM   #16
Atiajar
Atiajar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
2 questions:

Is there a reason you are running 32bit Calibre (your machine is 64bit. You can uninstall Calibre and then install the 64 bit version without grief )

You are (trying) running a user defined device driver (instead of the standard Kindle one) You can delete the one that says USER_DEFINED from the configuration folder.
There is no other reason than my own stupidity (I'm that bad with computers).. thanks for making me notice I was using the wrong Calibre version. I change it. Also tried to change my Fire driver but unfortunately I still get the same error on Calibre. I'm transfering the books throught the explorer.

Thank you for your help and taking time to reply.
Atiajar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:45 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
The version was not WRONG, just less optimal.

You keep saying FIRE Driver...
BUT the error is with THE CONFIGURED user_defined driver.

THAT gets placed in the config folder upon first use, which is why I suggested removing it. It may be damaged or obsolete.
If you ever need it again, configuring a USER device, will put it back
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:48 PM   #18
NSILMike
Fanatic
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle 7 & Samsung Tab 4
Calibre often doesn't see my Kindle7 either. I use Calibre Companion to connect and for some reason it fails sometimes and is fine others. When it fails, I connect directly via USB without issues. Restarting Calibre makes no difference when it fails. Following the sticky mentioned here does not help as well.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote