Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 11-16-2016, 05:41 PM   #1
five.
five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Tolino Shine
Tolino Shine English Dictionary

I got a first generation Shine on ebay for $30 bucks. It works fine, but one thing I will surely miss if I can't get it to work is having a dictionary. In order to download the dictionaries it is telling me to synchronize now. And then it tells me to setup and in order to do that it tells me to choose from Germany, Switzerland or Austria. I am in USA, so I haven't been able to do that. I don't care about the Tolino bookstore or the cloud or any of that. I simply want an english dictionary. Is there a way to do that?

I did see some rooting directions in the wiki, but I don't want to go through all that unless I knew that it would accomplish this. Maybe there is a backdoor way to just drop the dictionary file in a certain spot? Any ideas?
five. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 01:46 AM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
You should be able to skip the store registration and then download the dictionary - worked for me.

Alternatively, someone else registered via their computer first and used those details so that they could use the cloud storage feature.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-830F using Tapatalk
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2016, 07:24 PM   #3
five.
five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.five. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Tolino Shine
edit: originally this post had a bunch of screenshots of what I was seeing. But I have found a solution. So I am good, now.

Original solution was listed here, I had to use google translate to decipher:
https://papierlos-lesen.de/neue-woer...-tolino-shine/

Basically it's saying to go here and grab the dictionary that you need:
https://github.com/rdoeffinger/Dicti...2-dictionaries

For the shine, you have to use version 6, which shows up in the list as v006. So for english I had to download EN.quickdic.v006.zip:
https://github.com/rdoeffinger/Dicti...ckdic.v006.zip

And then I had to plug the Shine in via USB and add the dictionary to:
.tolino \ dictionaries (it's a hidden folder)

Last edited by five.; 11-17-2016 at 08:15 PM.
five. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:55 AM   #4
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Just got a Tolino Shine - interested to see it's Rakuten Kobo origin as I have a couple of Glos. I wanted to add an English dictionary and followed the instructions above. It turned out though that you have to extract the dictionary from the zip file that had been downloaded before copying it to the Shine.

It might seem obvious but other apps seem to use zipped dictionary files and unzip them on the fly, which is why I tried initially with the zip.

Thanks for the info.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tolino, tolino shine