Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-06-2008, 10:10 PM   #121
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Husker Du was, to me, a bore. It all sounded like something I had heard years before. I think I'll stick to Warren Zevon, Leonard Cohen, and Joni Mitchell music. In fact, I will put some on right now!
Oddly enough, Warren Zevon, Leonard Cohen, and Joni Mitchell all sound like something I heard years before.

Oh, that's right! It is what I heard years before!

(of course, so is Husker Du).
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:14 PM   #122
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i've never found a cover i loved as much as the original (i'm trying out the k.d.lang cover on deezer right now). i just adore his voice.

K D Langs voice? Awesome, yes, but "he" is a "she"....if I misread your post.....my apologies up front.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #123
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
i've never found a cover i loved as much as the original (i'm trying out the k.d.lang cover on deezer right now). i just adore his voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
K D Langs voice? Awesome, yes, but "he" is a "she"....if I misread your post.....my apologies up front.
Ummmm .... Zeep was (I think) talking about Leonard Cohen's voice ... which is why she never found a cover she liked as well as the original (which, I think was Hallelujah ... by Leonard Cohen).

And that's why the word "he" was used. I think. Of course, I get confused easily these days. And what with escape tunnels, flying pandas, androids with green fright wigs .... it's easy to become confused.

I think I'll go to bed now.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:34 PM   #124
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Ummmm .... Zeep was (I think) talking about Leonard Cohen's voice ... which is why she never found a cover she liked as well as the original (which, I think was Hallelujah ... by Leonard Cohen).

And that's why the word "he" was used. I think. Of course, I get confused easily these days. And what with escape tunnels, flying pandas, androids with green fright wigs .... it's easy to become confused.

Crap. I knew I shouldn't have posted!

Last edited by desertgrandma; 08-06-2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: spelling
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:46 AM   #125
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
aaaah, "i'm your man"... that song puts me in a right state.
somehow - that doesn't conjour up the right image I have of you....

Quote:
language young lady...we have to set the correct example....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #126
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
What about the punk rock cover?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #127
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
John Cale did a pretty good one on the tribute album 'I'm Your Fan' - some quite interesting cover versions on that album (but a few mundane ones too).
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #128
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post

your lucidity in this case is complete, ricky. someone give that armadillo a fish.

Quote:
it's okay desertgrandma, it happens to the best of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
What about the punk rock cover?
well, that one being the obvious exception, of course !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
John Cale did a pretty good one on the tribute album 'I'm Your Fan' - some quite interesting cover versions on that album (but a few mundane ones too).
i agree, that is a great tribute album. the pixies version of "i can't forget" it pretty memorable. and of course nick cave (who adores leonard cohen and is his spiritual son) does a brilliant cover of "tower of song". the original of "hallelujah" is still my favorite, but i admit the john cale version is a very close second. he's got a beautiful voice as well.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #129
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
yep, listening to "i'm your fan" now... of course...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #130
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
yep, listening to "i'm your fan" now... of course...
Hey, I was listening to that earlier! Fav tracks are McCulloch, Pixies, Murat (tho' don't understand a word of it ), R.E.M., Cale.

But, you're right, Nick Cave's contribution puts them all in the shade - genius!
Old 08-07-2008, 09:45 AM   #131
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gnashing my teeth over why some bonehead inthe lab sent a testosterone level on my patient to a lab that was different than the lab they originally sent it to, so I now have two very expensive lab tests that make absolutely no sense. Guess i gotta run over to the Vent and Rant Thread...
Old 08-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #132
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Gnashing my teeth over why some bonehead inthe lab sent a testosterone level on my patient to a lab that was different than the lab they originally sent it to, so I now have two very expensive lab tests that make absolutely no sense. Guess i gotta run over to the Vent and Rant Thread...
yep - you can do that - just think - free of charge too....
Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #133
pshrynk

Glad to see that the Pandorg have finally acutelated you, Geoff.

Last edited by pshrynk; 08-07-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:25 AM   #134
Sparrow
Wizard

Quote:
Glad to see that the Pagorg have finally acutelated you, Geoff.
The ickle panda is looking sad 'cos GeoffC's not giving him any chocolate to dip his strawberry in - wot a meanie!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #135
GeoffC

Quote:
Glad to see that the Pagorg have finally acutelated you, Geoff.
I lost the battle of "the creep of the pandorgs"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
The ickle panda is looking sad 'cos GeoffC's not giving him any chocolate to dip his strawberry in - wot a meanie!
What, avast thee, me waste chocolate on a panda - tut - tut

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?