Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-30-2018, 01:19 AM   #31
nameO
nameO began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
Does this nib below work with the stylus?

Wacom ACK22203 Felt Pen Nibs
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ib_5_pack.html

Yes, it is compatible. And I am using it right now.

The felt nib adds a whole lot of friction and makes it feel like writing with a pencil.
nameO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:47 AM   #32
keithwwalker
keithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmos

Device: Boox Note 10.3
I went to the Wacom Experience in Portland, and all the newer stylus on display do not work. The only working stylus was an old Wacom Bamboo Feel designed for Samsung Note series.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HeFQpwfpiQTDrHc4A

Edit: I found that WACOM has a stylus compatibility page for all their stylus here:
https://www.wacom.com/en-jp/comp
I assume that ANY Samsung NOTE Series would work with BOOX.

Those stylii would be:
  • Bamboo Solo, Bamboo Duo (this may not work as it only claims compatibility with the Samsung Note 5
  • Bamboo Smart for Samsung Galaxy Note
  • Bamboo Stylus feel for Samsung Galaxy Note

If you additional information, let us know!

Thanks!
kw

Last edited by keithwwalker; 12-01-2018 at 06:58 AM.
keithwwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:02 PM   #33
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
Earlier I mentioned trying the Bamboo stylus, but it was actually the Bamboo Tip stylus. Sorry for the mistake.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #34
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwwalker View Post
I assume that ANY Samsung NOTE Series would work with BOOX.
Somewhat along these lines...I tested the S Pen that comes with the Galaxy Tab S4 today. AFAICT, it works fine -- even with the note app.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #35
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
This is all sooo confusing.

I thought that the stylus is a Wacom capacitive type, which means that any capacitive stylus should work.

Is this incorrect?

I was thinking of getting a Wacom Intuos Pen (LP190K) as a spare, but now I'm not sure.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #36
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
This is all sooo confusing.

I thought that the stylus is a Wacom capacitive type, which means that any capacitive stylus should work.

Is this incorrect?

I was thinking of getting a Wacom Intuos Pen (LP190K) as a spare, but now I'm not sure.
Check the previous page. Someone there mentioned that model doesn't work.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:40 PM   #37
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Merde.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:59 AM   #38
M.I.H
M.I.H began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox note
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsdiogo View Post
So you are saying that not only it is possible to change the nib of the default stylus, it is also compatible with the nib from remarkable? I wonder if general wacom nibs work too. It would be great to get something that feels less hard plastic-y.
The nib of Onyx boox note 10.3 pen can be swapped out for Samsung Note 4 stylus black nibs which have a softer feel.
M.I.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:09 AM   #39
M.I.H

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwwalker View Post
No it does not. It just has the side button, I don't know if you hold that down if it erases or not.
The side button on the note 4 pen does erase in the boox note taking app. Won't work on pdf mark ups but neither does the boox pen button either only the eraser on top of pen works for pdf markup.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:13 PM   #40
JonasKofod
JonasKofod began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
So since all the Wacom options are discontinued, another trail to pursue would be any Samsung Note compatible styli available on pages like aliexpress etc.
There are several to chose from and the price allows to for trying out and test quality.
JonasKofod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:48 AM   #41
NullReference
NullReference began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard1sama View Post
No problem! The remarkable marker is more confortable and has a better feel, because of the nib. The original one is hard, but the eraser buttons (side just work on the note app :/) save a lot a time! I didn't recognized any differences on the deviation. On the borders it is a little bit off for both (even tried to callibrate, but didn't helped). That's why I think the sweet spot is the remarkable nib and the original stylus.
Hi, can you tell me whether you are using a screen protector as well or writing directly on the Mobius (plastic) screen?

Thanks
NullReference is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:53 PM   #42
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
Do the remarkable nibs work on the Note Pro? I ordered some but was just told they only work on the non-pro Note?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
—————-

Scratch that! I just got the, and they do work. However I notice very little difference if any on the glass screen. Oh well. I was hoping for a little more feel.

Last edited by Gameboy213; 08-01-2019 at 12:04 AM.
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #43
M.I.H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameboy213 View Post
Do the remarkable nibs work on the Note Pro? I ordered some but was just told they only work on the non-pro Note?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
—————-

Scratch that! I just got the, and they do work. However I notice very little difference if any on the glass screen. Oh well. I was hoping for a little more feel.

Try these for little more friction. They are good..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4123...02967/?app=fbl
Old 08-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #44
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.H View Post
Try these for little more friction. They are good..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4123...02967/?app=fbl
That is for the help but I’m not a member of the Facebook group so I can’t see them.
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:48 PM   #45
M.I.H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameboy213 View Post
That is for the help but I’m not a member of the Facebook group so I can’t see them.
Hi, Here is the fb post in full with links.....

Recommend these screen protectors as they add a bit of friction (more like pencil on paper) to the screen of Boox note and nova pro. The nova pro one fits well the note plus fits very exactly on the note pro and could use a slight trim of 0.5-1mm around edges for easier install and better adhesion at very edges. I think Antireflex HD is preferable over just Antireflex version. Antireflex does add more friction but it is thicker and makes the screen a touch blurred due to the level of matte finish.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/atFoliX-...QAAOSws2RcD~o1

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/atFoliX-...8AAOSwCcZcsIbW