Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-21-2016, 10:13 AM   #46
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Free album at Google Play...

Ashley Monroe: The Blade
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:14 PM   #47
LJJohnson
Groupie
LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: -- Home is where the RV stops (Texas ~6 months/year)
Device: Kindle Fire HDX, Fire HD, Paperwhite,Android & Windpws phones
I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with NoiseTrade.com, but it works like this. Artists post their music on the site (anything from 1 song to albums to compilations to sometimes even multiple albums). Users can listen to any or all of the songs before downloading. If you chose to download, you must give your name and email. In return, the artist gets your email. Each time you chose to download, a donation is requested, but never required.

I have been subscribed to this site for a couple of years, and I have never had an artist abuse the right to send me email. I have to cancel more mailing lists now since I'm stuck with 50 - 150kByte download speed so streaming is problematic, and I generally download, then listen (and don't always like it <g>). I have never had a problem canceling from the artist's mailing list, so it seems a small price to pay.

Anyway, every once in a while I run into a real gem (IMHO), and found one today at http://noisetrade.com/meandmolly/ep. The EP has 4 songs from Me and Molly, and they really impressed me. Think Civil Wars, but a lot happier songs. Folk/Americana, IOW.
LJJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2016, 01:40 PM   #48
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
I haven't gotten much music from them, but I've gotten several e-books free from them. Same thing, the authors get your E-mail. But there have been some good ones. I like their model.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:18 AM   #49
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
source: CNET's Cheapskate blog

Quote:
.....Bonus deal: Music lovers! Google Play is at it again, this time with two seriously impressive freebies. First up: Kelly Clarkson's latest album, "Piece by Piece." Price at Amazon: $12.99. Also available gratis: "21 Classic Rock Favorites," which includes nothing but awesome tunes from the 70s and 80s. Heart, Kansas, Boston, The Romantics -- every track's a winner. As always, you need to have a credit card or gift card on file with Google.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:07 PM   #50
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Some controversial reviews but I'm gonna share anyway:

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis song "White Privilege II" GP/Amazon

Free New song

http://play.google.com/store/music/a...qqio56h7dvgcou

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...blurayforum-20
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2016, 11:09 PM   #51
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
For you Bruce Springsteen fans, you can get a live show free here. The only catch is that it is only available today and tomorrow - and today's almost gone.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #52
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
4 free classical/jazz music albums and 5 pop/rock songs for Canadians (possibly also elsewhere):

Full albums:
  • The Sound of Yo-Yo Ma (Google Play Exclusive) @ Google Play (available to Canadians)
  • Play: Classical Tenors @ Google Play (available to Canadians)
  • Play: Jazz Pioneers @ Google Play (available to Canadians)
  • Play: Blues Pioneers @ Google Play (available to Canadians)
Singles only (scroll down to obtain freebie):
  • Take Me to Church by Hozier, track #1 @ Google Play (available to Canadians)
  • Chandelier by Sia, track #1 @ Google Play (available to Canadians)
  • Come With Me Now by Kongos, track #2 @ Google Play (available to Canadians)
  • Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars @ Google Play (available to Canadians)
  • All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor @ Google Play (available to Canadians)
And there's an intermittent ad on the main Google Play Music store page which says Get 75% off an Album for one album. The fine print says it's available through Jan 29th for US, Canada, UK, Germany, and Mexico. Applies to some sort of select list (apparently the bestselling/recommended for you stuff on their front page), with an automatic discount at checkout once you redeem the offer by clicking on the banner.

Last edited by ATDrake; 01-25-2016 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Found a fourth.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:44 AM   #53
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
4 free classical/jazz music albums and 5 pop/rock songs for Canadians (possibly also elsewhere):
Just to save others time, definitely not available in the US. Some aren't even for sale here.

Thanks for the post ATDrake.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:15 PM   #54
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
For you Bruce Springsteen fans, you can get a live show free here. The only catch is that it is only available today and tomorrow - and today's almost gone.
Thanks for this! My "My Downloads" area doesn't indicate that these are temporary, so I assume I can download them later now that I've checked out? I looked through the help section but didn't see the answer to my question.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 05:13 AM   #55
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
It's still free.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #56
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +

Marc Anthony: 3.0
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:20 PM   #57
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

Marc Anthony: 3.0
In the USA, the page says:
Quote:
Sorry! This content is not available in your country yet.
We're working to bring the content you love to more countries as quickly as possible.
Please check back again soon.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:07 PM   #58
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
In the USA, the page says:
Be sure you aren't using a vpn or provider that routes outside the US (or check your address in your google profile).

I got the free page just fine (in the US).

Also don't use the link on his twitter page - he says it is free, but links to the full-cost version, instead.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #59
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Be sure you aren't using a vpn or provider that routes outside the US (or check your address in your google profile).

I got the free page just fine (in the US).

Also don't use the link on his twitter page - he says it is free, but links to the full-cost version, instead.
I'm in the US and not using any VPNs, etc. My provider is Verizon, and should be pretty straightforward with its routing.

I get the "Not Available" page, too.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #60
Manabi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I'm in the US and not using any VPNs, etc. My provider is Verizon, and should be pretty straightforward with its routing.

I get the "Not Available" page, too.
Same here, in the US, no VPN, using Comcast, I get the "Not Available" page as well.

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere