Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 08:13 PM   #2371
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Samsung Galaxy Book 12
The first 3 Wild Cards shared world sci-fi comic book novels are on sale for $1.99 each on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CGSJYDW

Hopefully the balance will be on sale eventually, and hopefully they'll make ebooks of the new series and I can finally read the last book w/o paying 3 digits for a copy.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:12 AM   #2372
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLimu View Post
There seem to be a sale on the S.F. MASTERWORKS series https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st...price-asc-rank. From what I've read I would say 90% of the books in this series are great, e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/More-Than-H...dp/B005OAHGE4/
Thank you! 10 books bought .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #2373
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
Quote:
Edit:
There seem to be a sale on the S.F. MASTERWORKS series https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st...price-asc-rank. From what I've read I would say 90% of the books in this series are great, e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/More-Than-H...dp/B005OAHGE4/

Try this link for a list of just the masterworks in price order.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:11 PM   #2374
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Endeavour Venture, free

The Lords of Creation by Philip E. High

New collection of seven stories

Man was bringing life to the planets: a carefully balanced programme of flora and fauna, but that life had to come from Earth, pre-adapted to survive and flourish. Man smote the ice-bound worlds with a rod of fire; he breathed air upon their surfaces, built clouds in their skies, and granted life below. They were the lords of creation—or so they thought.

The cataclysm tore apart all they had known. Forced into hiding and shelter, mankind had lived for a thousand years beneath the Earth’s ravaged surface. But now they were digging upwards, to Topside, and a strange resurrection: to find themselves aliens on their own planet.

The Ancient Enemy arrived to wipe out humanity, but man possessed a peculiar defence mechanism it did not expect.

When the first interstellar explorer returned to Earth, the world, this new world, with its strange new Risk Economy was not at all as he remembered it.

Those who held a Time Ticket for a voyage into Earth’s past were about to discover that any past action must effect the future.
==

https://www.amazon.com/Lords-Creatio...dp/B07N3YZZ98/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lords-Creat...dp/B07N3YZZ98/

https://www.amazon.ca/Lords-Creation...dp/B07N3YZZ98/

Philip E High was an English science fiction author. Born in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire on 28 April 1914 his writing career spanned over 50 years before his death in Canterbury, Kent on 9 August, 2006. In the course of his career he published some 14 novels and numerous short stories.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:05 PM   #2375
Manabi
Guru
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Nook HD+, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Endeavour Venture, free

The Lords of Creation by Philip E. High
This sounds good, and I got it, but damn that cover's ugly.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #2376
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Amazon UK Today's Big Deal

Eight from Andrzej Sapkowski, each 99p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=s9_ac...d_i=5400977031
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:21 AM   #2377
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Amazon UK Today's Big Deal

Eight from Andrzej Sapkowski, each 99p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=s9_ac...d_i=5400977031
Thanks. 7 of these are repeats from last March, but one, "Season of Storms", is new.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #2378
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The Xanth Novels Books 38–40 by Piers Anthony is just what it sounds like - an ominubs of Board Stiff, Five Portraits, and Isis Orb. It has dropped to $2.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (coupon/VIPable). If you don't have any of these (sadly, I do), this is a great price for the three.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Xanth-Novels-...dp/B0711ZVWL7/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...ls-books-38-40

Spoiler:
Quote:
Three installments of the New York Times–bestselling series set in a land of enchantment filled with magic, surprises, adventure, and—best of all—puns!

The world of Xanth is a wacky one full of offbeat heroes and surprising journeys. In these three volumes of this hilarious series, characters bumble their way through many misadventures to find their happy ending on the other side, aided and hindered by puns along the way.

Board Stiff: Thanks to a mental typo and an ornery wishing well the once beautiful Irrelevant Kandy is now a board of wood—with mind control powers. And Ease wishes everything wasn’t so easy. Fortunately, Humfrey the Good Magician is there to provide them with a quest: saving the puns of Xanth. But who released a virus that could destroy Xanth’s essence, and will Kandy and Ease figure out how to stop it in time?

Five Portraits: Astrid Basilisk is a sweet girl whose very glance is deadly. As she embarks on a selfless mission to save five difficult children from future Xanth, she must fight the pun virus that threatens to destroy the magical world.

Isis Orb: Hapless has the ability to conjure any musical instrument he wants, but he can’t carry a tune in a bucket. All he wants is to learn to play an instrument and get a girlfriend. When the Good Magician hears about his desperate desire, he sends Hapless on a quest to find the elusive Isis Orb, a magical talisman that could fulfill his wish. But the mysterious Egyptian goddess guarding it isn’t going to let him simply take it.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #2379
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Time for the Stars by Robert A. Heinlein has dropped to $2.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (coupon/VIPable).

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9IMIZQ
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/time-for-the-stars-2

Spoiler:
Quote:
With over-population stretching the resources of Earth, the need to find and colonize other Terra-type planets is becoming crucial to the survival of the human race. But finding these planets is time-consuming and very costly.

With a seemingly inexhaustible budget, the scientists at the Long Range Foundation create the remarkable Torchships, which are able to traverse to different Star Systems within the matter of months. However, communication between Earth and these ships would still take countless years—even decades. How would they alert Earth of the planets they find?

Tom and Pat are recruited by LRF to become the human transmitters and receivers for the mission. Growing up together they had felt like they were so similar, so in sync, that it was almost as if they read each other’s minds…. Only to discover, that was indeed what they could do. Along with other telepathic pairings, their abilities are tested, and it is discovered that time nor distance impedes their connection; communication between Earth and the Torchships would be instantaneous.

But there is a catch: during the course of the mission, while one of them stays behind and grows old, on Earth, the other will be traversing the stars, and—if he survives—will return a young man.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:10 PM   #2380
salty-horse
Connoisseur
salty-horse is my North, my South, my East and West.salty-horse is my North, my South, my East and West.salty-horse is my North, my South, my East and West.salty-horse is my North, my South, my East and West.salty-horse is my North, my South, my East and West.salty-horse is my North, my South, my East and West.salty-horse is my North, my South, my East and West.salty-horse is my North, my South, my East and West.salty-horse is my North, my South, my East and West.salty-horse is my North, my South, my East and West.salty-horse is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Nightflyers & Other Stories by George R. R. Martin is $2.99 in the Kindle Daily Deal on Amazon.com.

This is a collection of 5 novellas, novelettes, and short stories:
  • Nightflyers
  • Override
  • Weekend in a War Zone
  • And Seven Times Never Kill Man
  • Nor the Many-Colored Fires of a Star Ring
  • A Song for Lya

The two novellas, and a novelette, are also included in the Dreamsongs: Volume I collection that was on sale in the past.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:56 PM   #2381
binaryhermit
Addict
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, Kindle Keyboard with 3g
"Nebula Awards Showcase 2018" edited by Jane Yolen is down to $1.99 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077CS99KN
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #2382
DrLimu
DrLimu for a long time would go to bed early.DrLimu for a long time would go to bed early.DrLimu for a long time would go to bed early.DrLimu for a long time would go to bed early.DrLimu for a long time would go to bed early.DrLimu for a long time would go to bed early.DrLimu for a long time would go to bed early.DrLimu for a long time would go to bed early.DrLimu for a long time would go to bed early.DrLimu for a long time would go to bed early.DrLimu for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo Clara
Leviathan Wakes: Book 1 of the Expanse by James S. A. Corey is on sale for £1.99 on amazon.co.uk and Google play. Also available to Sweden/Denmark/Norway (not to the US from what I can tell) for $1.99+VAT at amazon.com .
DrLimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM   #2383
Dazrin
Hey! Who took my cookie?!
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Quote:
Also available to Sweden/Denmark/Norway (not to the US from what I can tell) for $1.99+VAT at amazon.com .
Confirmed, says "This title is not currently available for purchase" in the US. There is a different Kindle version for $9.99.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM   #2384
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
Kill the Farm Boy by Kevin Hearne and Delilah S. Dawson is $2.99

Amazon
Kobo
B&N

Spoiler:
Once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom, a hero, the Chosen One, was born . . . and so begins every fairy tale ever told.

This is not that fairy tale.

There is a Chosen One, but he is unlike any One who has ever been Chosened.

And there is a faraway kingdom, but you have never been to a magical world quite like the land of Pell.

There, a plucky farm boy will find more than he’s bargained for on his quest to awaken the sleeping princess in her cursed tower. First there’s the Dark Lord who wishes for the boy’s untimely death . . . and also very fine cheese. Then there’s a bard without a song in her heart but with a very adorable and fuzzy tail, an assassin who fears not the night but is terrified of chickens, and a mighty fighter more frightened of her sword than of her chain-mail bikini. This journey will lead to sinister umlauts, a trash-talking goat, the Dread Necromancer Steve, and a strange and wondrous journey to the most peculiar “happily ever after” that ever once-upon-a-timed.
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote