Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-30-2019, 12:03 PM   #16696
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
None of the codes here have ever worked for me, but I've definitely bought many more books since switching from Kindle to Kobo. The prices are generally a little (~$1) higher, but their specials and the accumulation of VIP points has seen my Kobo bought library grow very quickly.
I think all of these random codes are one time use, so the first person to see the code and enter it, gets it. I sometimes feel guilty price matching books at Kobo for less than a buck, but I still do it because I buy enough books over the year that it adds up.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 02:44 PM   #16697
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Searching ...
90% off code I wont be using

FZPSTA
Fbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:48 AM   #16698
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Searching ...
90% off codes

7ZRP7E
T6DXN4
Fbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:48 AM   #16699
stuartjmz
Contrarian
stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2 v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I think all of these random codes are one time use, so the first person to see the code and enter it, gets it.
It has more to do with region - I'm not in the US, so none of the codes ever apply. I have received one or two from Kobo NZ that did work
stuartjmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:18 AM   #16700
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
I have, occasionally, come across a 90% off code that worked for me in the UK. But not recently. None of Fbone's recent offerings worked for me.

I'm happy to try more, if anyone has some they don't want.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:25 AM   #16701
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook Glowlight 3, Kindle Oasis 2, Onyx T68 Lynx
I only have the one Kobo account which I buy books from all the time, and I never receive codes. My husband rarely uses his Kobo account, and he recently received a $5 credit (not the first time either). I'm tempted to open another account and never use it to see if I start getting stuff.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:26 AM   #16702
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't buy stuff from Kobo at the moment, and I still don't get codes.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:31 AM   #16703
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook Glowlight 3, Kindle Oasis 2, Onyx T68 Lynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I don't buy stuff from Kobo at the moment, and I still don't get codes.
Hmm, I guess the trick is not wanting the code at all!
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:14 PM   #16704
ottdmk
Guru
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Blackberry Playbook, Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70
Kobo Canada is having a "Buy 3 for $15" sale. The selection is interesting, although not terribly large.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:56 PM   #16705
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Kobo US is having a $2.99 sale this weekend, good through Feb 4, although Kobo's sales sometimes end quite a bit earlier than stated.

Categories include: Romance; Thrillers; Unmissable Fiction; Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror; Crime and Mystery; Biography and Memoir; Nonfiction, and Kids & YA.

Link to the sale webpage: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/p/299for2...=00003&utm_id=

I've listed a bunch of Thrillers and Crime/Mystery titles whose authors I recognize here in the mystery thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3806453
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:48 AM   #16706
zelda.owns.link
Addict
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
May only work in Canada. Coupon code: EBATES40

Link

I did successfully use the coupon on a non-listed book from that link that was coupon eligible.

Last edited by zelda.owns.link; 02-13-2019 at 01:52 AM.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:18 PM   #16707
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you page all the way down to the bottom of the page, there's a box that says:

Quote:
Can't find what you want? See all titles you can save on with your promo code
And if you click on that, you get a list of 1893071 titles, which ??? might be ??? all of the couponable books at Kobo Canada?

In any case, I tried it on several couponable titles at Kobo Canada, taking them as far as seeing the discount applied, but not actually buying. But at least that far - it appears it would have worked on all of them.

But, when I put multiple titles in the cart, it only takes the discount off one, so it may be single use.

This is a bigger coupon than I've seen in a while from Kobo - but Kobo starts a bit more expensive in many cases, so I'm not sure I'll find something to use it on.

BTW, Rakuten owns (or is a big investor in) both eBates and Kobo...and when I went and looked at the eBates Canada website, it shows the coupon offer, and says it expires on Feb 15, but doesn't say if it's multi-use or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post

Link

I did successfully use the coupon on a non-listed book from that link that was coupon eligible.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:49 AM   #16708
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

It doesn't appear to work in the UK, but thanks for posting.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:04 AM   #16709
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I too have now used it successfully on a non-list couponable book that I wanted. After that, it doesn't work on any others, so it's once per account.

Oh yeah, and doesn't work in my US account...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post

Link

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals