Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-25-2019, 03:41 PM   #16
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
Richard III: Loyalty Binds Me
Matthew Lewis

https://www.amazon.com/Richard-III-L...+Matthew+lewis
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Oh, I'd like that. Must. Look. Away.
Same here! Thanks for mentioning it.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:08 PM   #17
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook ST w/Glowlight, Nook Glowlight Plus, Nook Glowlight 3
Got my $5. Already spent $2 of it
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:48 PM   #18
poohbear_nc
Run Away!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
OK, I bit and purchased an academic title for $29 .... waiting for the email with the $5 credit ....

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 01-25-2019 at 09:15 PM. Reason: typo
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:02 PM   #19
haertig
Evangelist
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Sansa Clip v2 Rockbox (audiobooks)
Hmmm, maybe I'll make use of this. Just this morning I was investigating a book series where the storyline intrigued me. By Harry Harrison: West of Eden. I had not heard of it before. It sounds like the basic story is: Dinosaurs never went extinct, they evolved and became a reptilian race that competes with humans.

https://www.michaelowencarroll.com/hh/woeintro.htm

Good? Bad? I don't know. The plot did grab my interest though. But I was turned off by the price of $6.99 per eBook for a bunch of older 1980's SciFi/Fantasy. That's just too high for something like this IMHO. It's a three book series, so the total price comes out above $20 to make use of this Amazon deal. So I'll say the door is slightly open for me to buy this now. I'll have to do some more research to find out if it's actually a good series and something that I would like. I'm searching my libraries first to see if any of them have it (zero hits thus far).

Last edited by haertig; 01-25-2019 at 10:06 PM.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:04 PM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, HDX 8.9, AuraHD, NookHD+, Kindle 2,3,T, Opus, iPhone 6, +
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
OK, I bit and purchased an academic title for $29 .... waiting for the email with the $5 credit ....
Mine was just automatically applied to my account, I got no email. (EDIT: Guess I did get an email, just not until later)

Strangely My purchases only totaled $18.32 ($19.71 with tax). I was thinking I'd have to buy one more book, but when I went to buy it the credit was already showing.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 01-26-2019 at 03:05 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:29 PM   #21
poohbear_nc
Run Away!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
I just got an email ... telling me that the credit would be automatically applied on my next ebook purchase.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:10 AM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Mini, Kindle Voyage, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Hmmm, maybe I'll make use of this. Just this morning I was investigating a book series where the storyline intrigued me. By Harry Harrison: West of Eden. I had not heard of it before. It sounds like the basic story is: Dinosaurs never went extinct, they evolved and became a reptilian race that competes with humans.

https://www.michaelowencarroll.com/hh/woeintro.htm

Good? Bad? I don't know. The plot did grab my interest though. But I was turned off by the price of $6.99 per eBook for a bunch of older 1980's SciFi/Fantasy. That's just too high for something like this IMHO. It's a three book series, so the total price comes out above $20 to make use of this Amazon deal. So I'll say the door is slightly open for me to buy this now. I'll have to do some more research to find out if it's actually a good series and something that I would like. I'm searching my libraries first to see if any of them have it (zero hits thus far).
Oh that series is REALLY good. I read it a long time ago.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:50 PM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3G, Voyage WiFi;FireHD; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
I bought into the plan and just now purchased enough books to earn the $5 credit.

They just sent an email and personally congratulated me, because the email mentioned "Your credit" - and that would be me not you, but me!

Here's what I bought:

1) Resistance - Julián Fuks [Charco Press]
2) The Distance Between Us - Renato Cisneros [Charco Press]
3) The Peaslee Papers: A Lovecraftian Chronicle - Peter Rawlik
4) Hardboiled, Noir and Gold Medals: Essays on Crime Fiction Writers from the 50s through the 90s - Rick Ollerman
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote