Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2018, 05:29 AM   #1
philip_goule
Enthusiast
philip_goule began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite2
Question Can I jailbreak my kpw3 with firmware 5.9.2.0.1?

My kpw3 firmware is 5.9.2.0.1.If there is anyway I can jailbreak my kpw3?
philip_goule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:59 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip_goule View Post
My kpw3 firmware is 5.9.2.0.1.If there is anyway I can jailbreak my kpw3?
Serial port.
All models other than the two Oasis models have a serial port available and identified here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2018, 05:30 AM   #3
philip_goule
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Serial port.
All models other than the two Oasis models have a serial port available and identified here.
I jb my kpw3 with FW=5.9.2.0.1 through serie port ,but how can I run KUAL on my device?KUAL even didn't show up.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:04 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
What did you actually do to 'jail break' your PW3?
What directions are you following? (link please)
What portions of them have you followed and what do you still have to do?

**Nothing** you find here is provided by Amazon, so nothing here will "just show up".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #5
philip_goule
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What did you actually do to 'jail break' your PW3?
What directions are you following? (link please)
What portions of them have you followed and what do you still have to do?

**Nothing** you find here is provided by Amazon, so nothing here will "just show up".
sorry for my silly question,this is the link I followed
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
I ran the command "sh jb.sh" through serial port successfully,then I put the file *KUAL*.azw2 into the documents directory.then I reboot kpw3.but I can't find the kindle kual access.
Advert
Old 03-07-2018, 03:07 PM   #6
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
sorry for my silly question,this is the link I followed
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
I ran the command "sh jb.sh" through serial port successfully,then I put the file *KUAL*.azw2 into the documents directory.then I reboot kpw3.but I can't find the kindle kual access.
Given you have 5.9.2+ firmware you need the .bin version of KUAL that needs to be installed with MRPI.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:49 PM   #7
philip_goule
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Given you have 5.9.2+ firmware you need the .bin version of KUAL that needs to be installed with MRPI.

Dave
thank you for your answer. Now I can't find KUAL,can I install mrpi without KUAL? :
Old 03-07-2018, 08:33 PM   #8
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
thank you for your answer. Now I can't find KUAL,can I install mrpi without KUAL? :
Goto the KUAL thread here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=203326

Open the spoiler for the "Important notice for KOA/KT3 owners:"

That tells you how to deal with installing the booklet version.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:58 PM   #9
philip_goule
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Goto the KUAL thread here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=203326

Open the spoiler for the "Important notice for KOA/KT3 owners:"

That tells you how to deal with installing the booklet version.

Dave
THANK YOU!