Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
ny10522
Enthusiast
ny10522 is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook, Kindle2, Kindle Touch 3G, Ipod Touch
Kindle Touch Problem: I Often Go Back Instead of Going Forward

I think my Kindle Touch 3G is fabulous but one persistant problem is bugging me:

I am right handed and normally hold ebooks (and normal books) with my left hand. Often, I go back a page when I want to move ahead a page. I wish I could disable the one inch (or so) vertical strip on the left hand of the screen that takes me back one page. Having to reach over again and again past that strip with my thumb is getting to be quite annoying. Is there any fix or hack that will disable the strip? Going back a page is rarely done in comparison to going forward. You can always go back with a swipe to the left, so the removal of the vertical go back strip is no great loss. It would improve navigation for any reader since touching as close to the left border is more comfortable than reaching over.
Thanks for any advice.
ny10522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I have not found this to be a problem and I, too, often read while holding my KT with the left hand. Conversely, any occasional, inadvertent taps are usually related to page-fowarding or skipping chapters. In any case, it is a matter of becoming accustomed to a different Kindle and its layout, at least for me. IMHO, the display mapping is just right.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
ny10522
Enthusiast
ny10522 is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook, Kindle2, Kindle Touch 3G, Ipod Touch
OK but there still should be the opportunity to disable the "go back" strip in settings for those of us that don´t like moving our thumbs an inch across the screen with every page advance. When the touch is placed in various covers with added edges, their would be even more inconvenience.
I hope the next software update addresses this problem.
ny10522 is offline   Reply With Quote