Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
usfbull
usfbull began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
spdf?

Hey everyone, I just bought a Sony Touch PRS600 (my first eReader) and am trying to load my college textbooks to it, but my reader can't seem to recognize the file. It is formatted as an spdf (sealed pdf). i don't know if it has something to do with me having to drag and drop the files into the reader instead of syncing (ebook library crashes as soon as I open it). Any help would be appreciated.
usfbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Reader supports only unencrypted PDFs and those with ADEPT DRM. It does not support SealedMedia or any other DRM.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
jacknipper
jacknipper began at the beginning.

Device: k4pc
You can remove the encryption from the spdf doing this:

Download SplViewer (www.lvbprint.de/html/splviewer.html) and install cutepdf or pdf995 or primopdf (whatever) in your pc, google it.

Disconnect your printer cable, open the .spdf file and print it in the printer you just disconnected. An error message is displayed because your printer is not connected, however the ".spl" file can be found at c:\windows\system32\spool\printers.

Open the .spl with the SplViewer and print it using pdf995 or cutepdf or whatever pdf virtual printer you want.
Done !!
jacknipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
abvmoose
abvmoose began at the beginning.

Device: future Kindle Dx owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknipper View Post
You can remove the encryption from the spdf doing this:

Download SplViewer (www.lvbprint.de/html/splviewer.html) and install cutepdf or pdf995 or primopdf (whatever) in your pc, google it.

Disconnect your printer cable, open the .spdf file and print it in the printer you just disconnected. An error message is displayed because your printer is not connected, however the ".spl" file can be found at c:\windows\system32\spool\printers.

Open the .spl with the SplViewer and print it using pdf995 or cutepdf or whatever pdf virtual printer you want.
Done !!
What is the result of this?
Do you simply get printed physical pages of the pdf?
Do you get captured images of the encrpyted pdf that you can then convert to a book?
Do you get the actual original pdf file decrypted?
abvmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
[Comment deleted because I realized I haven't actually stripped DRM from an spdf and only have experience with virtual pdf printing.]

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 05-08-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert