Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-05-2024, 06:51 AM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I don't normally use the cover browser so didn't see the behavior changes.

In 7.3 on windows 10:[LIST][*]If not in a separate window, in "narrow" view it opens to the right of the booklist. It used to open over the booklist, which is where I want it. I don't see a preference that controls this.[*]Using in a separate window:[LIST][*]If I use the cover browser button it opens and closes as expected.[*]If I click on the X in the cover browser window title bar, it closes and immediately reopens over a now-empty window.
I must be missing something, I don't see a cover browser title bar, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-05 224608.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	802.5 KB
ID:	205595

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 06:52 AM   #17
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I must be missing something, I don't see a cover browser title bar, viz:
You aren't using the cover browser in a separate window.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2024, 06:53 AM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@chaley: No clue, sorry. Someone would need to read the code from pre 7.3 to see in what circumstances it would end up on top.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 06:57 AM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@chaley: Yeah it was monitor aspect ratio dependent

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...2/init.py#L152
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 07:03 AM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You aren't using the cover browser in a separate window.
How do I do that - no, scratch that.

Preferences->L&F->Cover browser has been evading me… like forever, hence I have never looked inside it

And I agree, having it on the right is . . .

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-05-2024 at 07:10 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2024, 07:09 AM   #21
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@chaley: Yeah it was monitor aspect ratio dependent

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...2/init.py#L152
I was in the process of posting the same thing when your post arrived. The magic ratio seems to be 1.4.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:23 AM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Way back When I ran the cover browser, I ran it detached with 15+ (detached) on my upper Monitor (1920x1080). I have not used it in a ages, so I was not expecting to even see it.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 07:32 AM   #23
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

This is fixed in calibre source and will be in the next release. There is now an option in Look & feel / Cover browser where you specify where you want the cover browser to show (top or right) when using the Narrow layout.
Old 01-19-2024, 01:21 AM   #24
Grins
Connoisseur
Grins began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo(s), Pocketbook(s), MacBook Pro, iPhone
Problem solved, thank you very much!

(on MacOS 14.2.1)
Grins is offline   Reply With Quote