Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
the_callant
Connoisseur
the_callant has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Oasis/Kindle Scribe/Kindle PW Signature
Send to Device Behaviour

Until I moved to the latest 0.9.39 64 bit version, when I selected send specific format to main memory on my Kindle PW. If the book was not in AZW3 format it would be converted, then uploaded. Now the working symbol comes up and it appears to be converting, then it appears to upload, but the book never appears on my device. Calibre shows it as being present on my device. I eject the reader and reconnect and no sign, plus the book is not shown as AZW3 format. To get the books onto my Kindle I convert it first and then upload and this works. Tried this on several books and from a variety of formats with the same result. I have not tried this with uploading using another format.
the_callant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
the_callant
Connoisseur
the_callant has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Oasis/Kindle Scribe/Kindle PW Signature
Dug a bit deeper and uncovered more info. Calibre is converting the file and it does upload to the Kindle, but as an epub file. Checked and epub is not offered as an option when sending to the kindle. It is converting, because if the file was an epub, i now have epub and original_epub. Accessed the kindle via windows explorer and there were the epub files.
the_callant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
preferences>plugins>device interface plugins>kindle2/3/4...
Make sure epub is unchecked and AZW3 is checked
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1200864
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote