Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-06-2015, 10:04 AM   #1
jpsurf
jpsurf began at the beginning.

Device: tolino vision
syntax query: author equals publisher

Hello!
I want to clean my metadata. A query selecting all books, where author equals publisher would save be much time. Something in the way: author:=publisher, but this is not working Whats the right syntax,
jpsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsurf View Post
Hello!
I want to clean my metadata. A query selecting all books, where author equals publisher would save be much time. Something in the way: author:=publisher, but this is not working Whats the right syntax,
You can't do that in a search expression. It does not support relational operators. However, you can create a custom column "from other values" (Preferences / Add your own columns) that computes what you want, then search on that.

One template for the custom column could be:
Code:
{authors:'strcmp($, field('publisher'), 'No', 'Yes', 'No')'}
The column will contain Yes if author == publisher, No otherwise.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2015, 01:09 PM   #3
jpsurf
jpsurf began at the beginning.

Device: tolino vision
syntax query: author equals publisher

Thanks for the clear answer. I don't have to think about any longer!
jpsurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
query