Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
Ken Stuart
The Knight Who Says Nook!
Ken Stuart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color ; dead Clie NR70 ; living Rocket REB1100 ; QY70 (pictured)
Manual Nooter for 1.2

Only for those with some technical skills, this is not an Auto Nooter (hence "manual")

Still some problems remain with Market.

For those who are not using their NOOKcolor for critical uses.
ManualNooter 4.4.27 (For Stock 1.2)
Ken Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:07 AM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Ohhh.....This is what I've been waiting for, I'll have to give it a go tonight!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Still some issues. Angry Birds won't install from the Market or Amazon, for example.

Finally upgraded from 1.0.0 though!

I actually considered going to CM7 but my 3 yr old loves the books that read to her Hopefully B&N gets that working in the stock Android Nook app eventually!
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:27 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Hmm....interesting...Maybe they are close to working things a bit better, so maybe I'll wait.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:32 AM   #5
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
1.2 didn't fix the flicker problem either (for those with flickery nooks) either so I switched and installed CM7 instead. Seems good so far...but my kid will miss the animated books.

Sounds like HamnCheese figured out what's wrong with the manual nooter...I'd give it a day or two to settle down if you want to do it.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #6
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
1.2 didn't fix the flicker problem either (for those with flickery nooks) either so I switched and installed CM7 instead. Seems good so far...but my kid will miss the animated books.

Sounds like HamnCheese figured out what's wrong with the manual nooter...I'd give it a day or two to settle down if you want to do it.
Echo this - I tried both methods for rooting 1.2 from XDA - neither one worked well. You cannot install apk's except by a tortuous method, the market does not work, and they interfere with the in-store reading and "last book read" modes.

I would wait a few days for a fix - they're working on it now.