Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
robear38
robear38 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Synch problem

I have a Kindle 3 as well as being subscribed through Whispernet on my PC and Android phone, so I'm fairly familiar with the basic functions of the Kindle experience. I had my Whispernet accounts before buying the Kindle 3. Problem: My PC library won't show up on my phone or Kindle. I've tried the remedy set forth on the MyKindle page, but it doesn't work. I'd like to have access to my entire library on all accounts. Any thoughts on either of these problems? Thanks.
robear38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Accounts? How many are you using?

Odd that your Kindle store items that are on your PC don't show up on your Kindle itself though. You should talk to Kindle CS about it as they'll be able to investigate and fix it.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
robear38

Synch Problem...

[QUOTE=Tiersten;1347318]Accounts? How many are you using?

I was using Whispernet on 2 computers and my android phone before buying my K3 and was under the perhaps mistaken impression I needed a different account for each one. Now I need to find out how to consolidate them if such is possible. I will go ahead and call Kindle CS. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Yeah. You have to only use 1 account which can be shared between them all.

It doesn't apply to you at the moment but if you ever get another Kindle for yourself or a family member then you can also put them onto your account where you can freely share books between the devices. The only downside is that it all gets paid for by the same Amazon account and you can see what the other person is buying/reading.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:49 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
3. Problem: My PC library won't show up on my phone or Kindle.
Even after you have all of your devices registered with the same account; be warned that Whispersync doesn't sync actual library content, so nothing you try is going to make your whole library magically appear on a new device. But, it will sync your archive, which means you can restore titles (one at a time) on each individual device.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
robear38

Resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robear38 View Post
I have a Kindle 3 as well as being subscribed through Whispernet on my PC and Android phone, so I'm fairly familiar with the basic functions of the Kindle experience. I had my Whispernet accounts before buying the Kindle 3. Problem: My PC library won't show up on my phone or Kindle. I've tried the remedy set forth on the MyKindle page, but it doesn't work. I'd like to have access to my entire library on all accounts. Any thoughts on either of these problems? Thanks.
Kindle CS has helped me straighten everything out. It was just a matter of deregistering the Kindle for PC, then registering again under my Amazon.com account. Thanks for all the help.