Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
langis
langis began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Import book from Kobo Software Application

How do you import books from the Kobo Application on your Mac, I cannot even find where the books are stored.
langis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
I posted the location elsewhere on these forums - maybe in the Kobo forums? The books are stored in a SQLite database so you can't just copy them to say a USB stick. The books are broken down into pages or chunks of text and stored in the database. Not a great idea from a customer's point of view but I don't see why Kobo couldn't change their desktop readers to also store a copy of the book on your disk.
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert