Notices

Old 01-08-2024, 02:12 PM   #31
aborel
Enthusiast
aborel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordlichtmarkus View Post
Yes, the library was on a network drive. I copied this to local and now it works.
What's strange is that I've been using the library on a network drive for the last few years without any problems, it wasn't until 7.2 that it stopped working.
It could have broken down at any time, this is nothing specific to version 7.2 in the FAQ. The official recommendation against network drives has been there since forever...
Just because it seems to work (until it doesn't) doesn't make it safe. The FAQ is there for good reasons.
aborel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 02:15 PM   #32
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Yes, the library was on a network drive. I copied this to local and now it works.
What's strange is that I've been using the library on a network drive for the last few years without any problems, it wasn't until 7.2 that it stopped working.
Calibre was never intended to work on a network drive. SQLite limitations.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 03:23 PM   #33
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Pretty much what so many posters who have had their libraries on a network share/cloud drive have written. "It worked for years and then my library showed as corrupted or I couldn't access my library or any other failure modes that come to mind".
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:35 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by runaron View Post
Hello, me too I encounter massive problems with "corrupt database" since updating to 7.2.

calibre, version 7.2.0
Beschädigte Datenbank: Die Bibliotheksdatenbank (Z:\FritzSSD\Ebooks\Calibre) scheint fehlerhaft zu sein. Möchten Sie, dass Calibre versucht diese automatisch wiederherzustellen? Die Wiederherstellung wird unter Umständen nicht erfolgreich sein. Wenn Sie Nein wählen, wird Calibre eine neue, leere Bibliothek anlegen.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\main.py", line 327, in initialize_db
File "calibre\db\legacy.py", line 195, in __init__
File "calibre\db\legacy.py", line 50, in create_backend
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 511, in __init__
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 951, in initialize_notes
File "calibre\db\notes\connect.py", line 79, in __init__
File "calibre\db\notes\connect.py", line 86, in reopen
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 399, in execute
File "C:\t\t\apsw-42s16m2x\src\cursor.c", line 240, in resetcursor
apsw.NotADBError: NotADBError: file is not a database

We have several Windows11 installations of calibre in our household. My wife's Calibre 6.4 works flawless with this database but whenever I start one of my new 7.2 installations it shows the "corrupt database" error message.
Repairing is offered but fails every time.
With the working 6.4 installation I created a backup of the database and tried to restore it with my 7.2 which failed showing the same error message.
I tried to delete .calnotes in the calibre directory as advised, now Calibre starts but I can't open or handle any book. Clicking on one results in a "NotADBError file is not a database" message.
I really need help.
Regards - runaron
The solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You have a corrupted file in your calibre library folder. Delete the .clanotes hidden folder in the calibre library oflder and then start calibre and you should be fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote