Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #1
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
KCR @ EC2

Just another of my once in a lifetime projects that will certainly become a waste of time and forum space.

Just to give the Google 'bot something to think about:

KCR :: Kindle Code Review
EC2 :: Elastic Compute Cloud
AWS :: Amazon Web Services
Ref: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TlukLu11Yo
Read all of that reading before viewing the view.

NSA :: National (USA) Security Agency
OSW :: Over the Shoulder Watchers
And if you thought the Amazon OSW of everything you read was bad, just imagine what the real pros (NSA) of that activity does.
SRE :: Software Reverse Engineering

Ghidra :: A software reverse engineering (SRE) suite of tools developed by NSA's Research Directorate in support of their Cybersecurity mission.
Ref: https://ghidra-sre.org/

Ghidra includes the ability to support review activity by multiple collaborators over a network server .

The Amazon AWS system supports a free (no cost) tier of services.
Ref: https://aws.amazon.com/free/?all-free-tier.sort-by=item.additionalFields.SortRank&all-free-tier.sort-order=asc&awsf.Free%20Tier%20Types=tier%23always-free&awsm.page-all-free-tier=2

Of course, that includes a (virtual) Linux server:
https://aws.amazon.com/getting-started/tutorials/launch-a-virtual-machine/?trk=gs_card&e=gs&p=gsrc
(Avoid the mention of Lightsail, that is NOT one of the free tier of services.)

KNC1 :: Not the username that will be associated with the above.
KJBS :: Kindle Jail Break Services (service, system, slushfund, ...)

Now that might make for a good administrator's name of an Amazon AWS free tier.

If Amazon/Lab126 really wants to get serious about preventing our jail break activities, we need to get equally serious about Kindle firmware review and audit.

And where better than using Amazon's (free) virtual system.
I always wanted to try doing jail break development on Amazon's own, free, services (I have posted on this subject in the past).
Maybe this will be the time I actually try it out.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:39 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reserved area.
Advert
Old 11-09-2019, 08:14 PM   #3
dk4zz
dk4zz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KT4
A hard opinion.

GHidra server I think that is a good idea, but in pratice will help amazon in patching and how obfuscate they own binaries, a kindle engineer can check periodically analysing where we do progress.

In my opinion the best way to accelerate jailbreaking process is collaborating, most homebrew developers is hobbysts wanting to discover, creating a open and clear documentation about kindle internals is essential, a github repositories containing a Docs directory with information about Hardware, Scripts, Firmware versions.

Chat communication is another key is this process, we should choose a good platform to that, i mean a place where a great contribuitor of scene can share ideas with a new comer, and maybe both do a exploit writeup. To this Discord is a really good solution, is simple and pratical, but is closed source, i use without issues. Here we have IRC, but have few users, and is not user friendly(sharing pics, a offtopic board).

This forum is amazing, i love this community <3.
dk4zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:47 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral

All good points for discussion.

Of course, all actual jb work will be done in private, same as always.
Using a fully encrypted virtual Linux instance should help to keep Lab126 from snooping.

I am going to continue my examination of what might be useful to us that remains in the "free" area of AWS.
Perhaps my mind is just generating "turn about is fair game" ideas.
I can't seem to get rid of the idea of using Amazon's "free" computer resources to jail break Amazon Kindles.

This thread will be very much along the idea of "run up a flag, see if anyone salutes".
Maybe my random ramblings here will spur useful ideas from someone else.

So just keep up the comments please.
We can sort things out when we get to them.

Last edited by knc1; 11-09-2019 at 08:50 PM.