Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Actually, replace the mobi pagebreak with the Sigil marker and split.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #47
blackest
Connoisseur
blackest began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
varies with the ebook this morning i did one searching for <h1
worked well

epubs rapidly becoming my favourite format for every document, much better than pdf files.
libre office makes for a good preprocessor too .
blackest is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #48
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually splitting means you have to parse all the files again seeking all references again. As I understand it, in face of all wonderful things Mobi format can do, it is not feasible to try to do it. You will always get some unresolved cases. Perhaps some Mobi insider could do it properly. Do we have some?
As Sigil has a very handy tool to correct it I, personally, would let it lie.
My personal ache are obsolete tags... they should be corrected... .
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:16 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by varlog View Post
Actually splitting means you have to parse all the files again seeking all references again. As I understand it, in face of all wonderful things Mobi format can do, it is not feasible to try to do it. You will always get some unresolved cases. Perhaps some Mobi insider could do it properly. Do we have some?
As Sigil has a very handy tool to correct it I, personally, would let it lie.
The reason to split the Mobi is because Sigil is a hog when it comes to running with a single HTML containing the entire eBook.

After that, then fix anything that needs fixing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #50
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Sounds like a great idea for a new Markup De-Obsolescense edit-type plugin.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #51
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I think it's all kind of moot now anyway. There's currently a bug where clicking "Save" immediately after the import plugin finishes causes a Sigil error. The fix for the bug is going to wiping any existing filename before the final handoff to Sigil. It will truly be out of the plugin developer's hands at that point out "untitled.epub" is what it's going to be. Sorry.
Fixed .

EDIT: well, status 9.10.2014 - Not fixed again .
and it stays so "by designed". I give up.
@DiapDealer: please leave the file name mimic in future versions of KindleImport as it is: my Sigil will appreciate it .

Last edited by varlog; 10-11-2014 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Sigil source dynamic
Old 10-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #52
varlog
actually it is /var/log

Quote:
Sounds like a great idea for a new Markup De-Obsolescense edit-type plugin.
Yes, it does, doesn't it?
Actually I see it as an option "Deobsolate" in KindleImport welcoming mask. With a path to file containing <old new> pairs of tags .
Old 10-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #53
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, it does, doesn't it?
Actually I see it as an option "Deobsolate" in KindleImport welcoming mask. With a path to file containing <old new> pairs of tags .
Let me know when you get it working!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #54
varlog
actually it is /var/log

Quote:
Let me know when you get it working!
Oh, DD, you are so predictable .
Old 11-02-2014, 06:15 AM   #55
turbulent
turbulent began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I came across an error when trying to import a azw eBook. I am using Sigil 0.8.1 with KindleImport_v0.1.1beta. The error message is:
Code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\\python\launcher.py", line 137, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "C:\Users\xj\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\KindleImport\plugin.py", line 87, in run
    from mobi_stuff import mobiProcessor, topaz
  File "C:\Users\xj\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\KindleImport\mobi_stuff.py", line 9, in <module>
    import kindleunpack.kindleunpack as _mu
ImportError: No module named kindleunpack
Error: No module named kindleunpack
I found the sigil plugins are installed in path "C:\Users\xj\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins". Does it mean that I should add "C:\Users\xj\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\KindleImport\kindleunpack" to env variable PYTHONPATH?
turbulent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:27 AM   #56
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulent View Post
I came across an error when trying to import a azw eBook. I am using Sigil 0.8.1 with KindleImport_v0.1.1beta. The error message is:
Code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\\python\launcher.py", line 137, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "C:\Users\xj\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\KindleImport\plugin.py", line 87, in run
    from mobi_stuff import mobiProcessor, topaz
  File "C:\Users\xj\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\KindleImport\mobi_stuff.py", line 9, in <module>
    import kindleunpack.kindleunpack as _mu
ImportError: No module named kindleunpack
Error: No module named kindleunpack
I found the sigil plugins are installed in path "C:\Users\xj\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins". Does it mean that I should add "C:\Users\xj\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\KindleImport\kindleunpack" to env variable PYTHONPATH?
No. You shouldn't have to do anything like that.

You're sure you've installed the stock beta version from post #26 in this thread with no modifications? You didn't try to upgrade the KindleUnpack core files (in the kindleunpack folder) or anything? Is there an __init__.py file in that kindleunpack folder?

What version of Python are you using?
Old 11-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #57
turbulent

Quote:
No. You shouldn't have to do anything like that.

You're sure you've installed the stock beta version from post #26 in this thread with no modifications? You didn't try to upgrade the KindleUnpack core files (in the kindleunpack folder) or anything? Is there an __init__.py file in that kindleunpack folder?

What version of Python are you using?
Yes. I've installed the zip file attached in post #26 with no modification. Actually I first tried v0.1.0 in post #1 and came across the failure. Then I uninstalled v0.1.0 and tried v0.1.1beta. The error message is the same.

There is an __init__.py file in kindleunpack folder.

I'm using win7-pro-sp1-x64 with ActivePython-2.7.6.9-win64-x64 and Sigil-0.8.1-windows-x64.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #58
turbulent

Sorry, it's my own fault. Sometime ago, when using the standalone KindleUnpack package, I added its path to the system environment vairable PYTHONPATH. After removing it, the KindleImport plugin works successfully.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:07 PM   #59
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulent View Post
Sorry, it's my own fault. Sometime ago, when using the standalone KindleUnpack package, I added its path to the system environment vairable PYTHONPATH. After removing it, the KindleImport plugin works successfully.
All's well that ends well.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #60
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
And that particular Kindlebook's markup just happpened to use "name" instead of "id".
Looking at the most recent Kindle Publishing Guidelines http://kindlegen.s3.amazonaws.com/Am...uidelines.pdfd this morning, I noticed this:

3.10.2 HTML Guideline #2: Anchors Must Be Added Before Formatting Tags
Correct: <a name="Chapter1"/><h1>Chapter 1</h1>
Incorrect: <h1><a name="Chapter1"/>Chapter 1</h1>

So the deprecated "name" seems to be standard practice at Amazon.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote