Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
PRS-505 and 0.6.23 Send to Device issue (solved)

I have a PRS-505 and the Send to Device option no longer seems to be working OK using 0.6.23 on Windows.

When I plug the PRS-505 in to my PC it is recognised and both the Main memory and the Storage Card A show up in Calibre. However when I select Send to Device, both the Send to Main Memory and the Send to Storage Card A options are greyed out.

Any ideas? It was all working fine under 0.6.21

Last edited by itimpi; 11-14-2009 at 02:16 PM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what happens if you just click the send to device button rather than one of the options in the menu?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just tried rebooting the system and it seems to have come back to life!

One of those PC mysteries I guess
Old 11-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I always get the following error message:

(82, 'The directory or file cannot be created')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 57, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 224, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 123, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 755, in create_upload_path
File "os.py", line 150, in makedirs
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 82] The directory or file cannot be created: u'I:\\Author Name
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
itimpi
Wizard

I would suspect you ahve corrupt media. I would try reformatting it.
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
resolved, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62117.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote