Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
david83k
david83k began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ7, Sony PRS-600
SmartQ 7 - Black screen after booting in portrait mode

Hello!

I have used the screen rotation tool which can be found on JT's World blog (http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahh5...otate_v4_0_zip). The tool worked fine. It has rotated my screen into the portrait mode. But I can't get into the OS after I have rebootet the device in portrait mode. The screen keeps turning black (with backlight on) when I am supposed to see the desktop. I have reflashed the firmware v4.0 again and tried to reboot in portrait mode and the screen turned black after boot again.

Can you boot in portrait mode without any problem?
david83k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by david83k View Post
Hello!

I have used the screen rotation tool which can be found on JT's World blog (http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahh5...otate_v4_0_zip). The tool worked fine. It has rotated my screen into the portrait mode. But I can't get into the OS after I have rebootet the device in portrait mode. The screen keeps turning black (with backlight on) when I am supposed to see the desktop. I have reflashed the firmware v4.0 again and tried to reboot in portrait mode and the screen turned black after boot again.

Can you boot in portrait mode without any problem?
How did the re-flash go? Did it complete OK? Did you tell it to keep settings?
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
david83k

Thanks for replying!

I had no problems with reflashing it (have done it about 5 times or more). I have always reflashed the device without keeping the settings because I've never set anything on my SmartQ (just read some ebooks and surfed the web).

Everything is OK after reflashing! But when I reboot the device in portrait mode the screen turns black again. I could just use it in landscape mode or switch it back to landsape mode before I reboot. But I want to use it exclusively in portrait mode.

Another question. When I tap on the battery indicator it doesn't show me the percentage of the remaining battery life. I am sure that I've seen the percentage before - probably before I reflashed the device. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
Nation.A.List
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by david83k View Post
Thanks for replying!
I had no problems with reflashing it (have done it about 5 times or more). I have always reflashed the device without keeping the settings because I've never set anything on my SmartQ (just read some ebooks and surfed the web).
Everything is OK after reflashing! But when I reboot the device in portrait mode the screen turns black again. I could just use it in landscape mode or switch it back to landsape mode before I reboot. But I want to use it exclusively in portrait mode.
Another question. When I tap on the battery indicator it doesn't show me the percentage of the remaining battery life. I am sure that I've seen the percentage before - probably before I reflashed the device. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Ok, slight misunderstanding on my part. Only thing I can think of right now would involve some script writing. 1) Icon on desktop that Turns Off device after returning screen to landscape 2) Auto-start rotate app and set to portrait, on boot-up.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:18 AM   #5
serwei
Enthusiast
serwei began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7
erm yeah it's a cfm bug, u can't boot up in portrait mode v4.
u can however, attach a USB mouse, boot up, and then click on the Rotate.sh
the crash comes only when u touch the screen. otherwise everything is still running.
serwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 06:19 AM   #6
serwei
Enthusiast

is there an autoexec.bat mechanism to place that startup script? it's not cron... is it the .bash something something?
thanks!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:24 AM   #7
serwei
Enthusiast

oh put something in /etc/init.d/
Old 09-10-2009, 06:26 AM   #8
Nation.A.List
Addict

Yeah, I meant 2) Auto-start rotate app and set to portrait, immediately after boot-up. I don't know the method, I would google it "Linux autorun apps" or something like that.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #9
david83k

Hey. The problem suddenly disappeared! Now I can boot up in portrait mode and the battery indicator shows me the percentage of the remaining battery life.. I don't know what has happened.. This time I booted up with a USB mouse and used the mouse to install the rotate_tool. Maybe this helped. Maybe it was coincidence.. However, I thank you Nation.A.List and serwei!

Tags
portrait mode, problem, rotate, smartq 7