Notices

Old 12-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
poloman
Enthusiast
poloman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505, Kindle 3G
TOC error when converting HTML

Hi,

I've serached everywhere and cant find a solution.

When I try and convert an html file with chapter detection (Detect chapter at tag regEx: h\d,class,chapter ) it works fine, but when I tell it to "Add chapters to table of contents (and have "Chapter" or "h\d,class,chapter" in the box marked Regular Expression), Calibre comes up with a big custom error box.

Part of the error message : "Job: **Convert book: Reference** **tuple**: ('LrsError', u'TOC text block must be already appended to a page') **Traceback**:"

I'm converting html that I have extracted from an app I use (trying to make a very useful reference library), so can alter the structure if needed. Here is what it's using at the moment:

< h 1 c l a s s = " c h a p t e r " > C h a p t e r 1 - T e s t 1 < / h 1 >

Am i doing something wrong?

As I say, if i leave the TOC box unchecked, it works fine and I get a nice lrf all split up into chapters.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
probably a bug, open a ticket and attach the file causing the problem with the exact parameters you used
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
poloman
Enthusiast
poloman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505, Kindle 3G
Thanks - I'll set up a ticket.

Slightly off topic but a MASSIVE thanks for the software! I bought my first electronic book today (505), plugged it in, and Calibre detected it then easily copied across all my books I'd prepped during the week - brilliant!
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote