Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #1
Snow.moon
Snow.moon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Kobo Vox SD Card Image needed and Help Please

Hello everyone,
I hope that Im posting in the correct forum.
I have a kobo Vox that failed approx. 6 mths ago. It was the flashing green light with no boot. I went on-line to find some guidance and somewhere along the way I ended up using Windows disk manager to wipe the partitions. Well this little gem has been sitting on a shelf for many months now. I have a blank sd card(the original internal) with no partitions and no image available to write to it and no idea where to begin.

I think what I need is an image for the Vox and instructions on how to rebuild the partitions needed on the card using windows.I have no access to a linux machine or any knowledge of the os.
Any ideas?? Anyone??
Snow.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:23 AM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
After someone gives you image of Vox SD card, use flash drive image writer to write image to SD card same or greater capacity of original SD card. If you copied image to greater capacity card, partition can be expanded to fill available space with another windows program or program on Linux live CD.

For windows download flash drive image creator and flash drive image writer at links.
Flash Drive image creator
http://www.vconsole.com/client/?page=page&id=28
Flash Drive image writer
http://www.vconsole.com/client/?page=page&id=29
Using flash drive image creator you can copy image from your SD card then use flash drive image writer to write image to blank SD card.

Last edited by filmo; 03-13-2014 at 11:25 AM.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
Snow.moon
Snow.moon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Thank you, very much, for the links

I've contacted customer service to request an image file but I have little hope of a positive outcome. I have searched on-line for the image but have only found one instance, in fact here at mobilereads, but the links for download are broken. The thread was dated 2011 so no surprise. I don't even care if it is kobo's factory image as long as it works.

Never had so much trouble finding a solution.
Snow.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #4
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
If you can't find one and you're comfortable with Linux, you can make one. I described doing it here.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote