Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #151
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I agree with Green Money on one thing. If vision were not my problem, I would still have the hardcover versions of the books of my favorite 3 or 4 authors. It's a lot easier to return to reread a passage in a paper book than it is a paperback and hard covers tend to have better spines, papers, so last longer.

Problem was, I can't read them with the vision loss, so the need for them changed.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #152
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
The one kind of weather I think you can't read a PaperWhite in is when it's very cold. Either the ink will get sluggish from the cold or you will have trouble getting good tactile contact with the screen due to the fact that you're wearing gloves/mittens.
That said, I talked to several guys who were ice fishing and they had no problems with their ereaders with buttons inside of their fish houses. If it gets sluggish, you stick it in your coat next to your chest to warm up. Yeah, gloves/mittens are a problem with the touch screens. Waiting for the bus in MN or WI last week? Well, too cold until you got on the bus at least.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #153
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
That said, I talked to several guys who were ice fishing and they had no problems with their ereaders with buttons inside of their fish houses. If it gets sluggish, you stick it in your coat next to your chest to warm up. Yeah, gloves/mittens are a problem with the touch screens. Waiting for the bus in MN or WI last week? Well, too cold until you got on the bus at least.
There are special types of gloves that have a conductive patch on the tip of some of the fingers, so they can be used with touch screens. Ever looked into those as an option?
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #154
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
That said, I talked to several guys who were ice fishing and they had no problems with their ereaders with buttons inside of their fish houses. If it gets sluggish, you stick it in your coat next to your chest to warm up. Yeah, gloves/mittens are a problem with the touch screens.
Only with capacitive touch screens (and then, as Katsumani says, you can get conductive gloves or sew in some conductive thread). IR screens work fine with gloves.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote