Notices

Old 03-29-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
LICAIN
LICAIN began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 500
PRS 500 ebook conversion Windows Error

GOODAY,
I HAVE A PRS500 IN AUSTRALIA [no sony connect for ebooks in aus]
ALMOST THERE WITH CONVERTING EBOOKS TO LRF BUT GETTING WINDOWS ERROR SYSTEM CANNOT FIND FILE.
BOOK SEEMS TO BE ON READER BUT WHEN TRYING TO OPEN GETTING INVALID PAGE SYMBOL
LICAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can you explain in more detail (without all caps)? What OS, what software, what format is the source file in, etc. Without more detail, I don't think anyone can help.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
LICAIN
LICAIN began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 500
Jon
Excuse the lack of knowledge[age is my excuse].
my operating system is XP. The software is Adobe Digital Editions.The file is PDF.The book downloads are from e books [not sony].
Jon I have come late in life to computers but am a avid reader & think the digital book concept is amazing.
Ian
LICAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If any of these PDF are with DRm, then you cannot convert them. That being said, given that they are PDF and if they do not have DRM, you can use pdflrf to process the PDF so they are readable on your 500. It's easier and less error prone then most PDF to LRF conversions. I've done one full conversion that turned out to have errors and I have another in the works that will have errors and won't be fully fixed till the book is read.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=pdflrf
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote