Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
specialvintage
specialvintage began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle not recognised by Calibre suddenly after updating to Calibre 8.67

I have an old Kindle not the touch ie it has a keyboard.
It was working perfectly with Calibre until I Calibre to updated today 0 .8.67
It has stopped recognising my kindle at all.
I am working with OSX on a macbook pro.
I have tried rebooting the machine - unplugging the kindle and re plugging it into the computer. Nothing is working. It still says cannot find any kindle

It is showing in my devices as mounted.
Please can you tell me what to do - is there a way of going back to the previous working installation ?
Thanks
Barry
specialvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are probably suffering from this issue: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1044706

I suggest going back to the last release of calibre:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Direct link for downloading Mac OS X 0.8.66
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote