Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
bigyun2000
bigyun2000 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini | iPhone 5 | Kobo |
KOBO VOX & 32GB Micro SDHC Mem Card

Hi all. I received my KOBO VOX earlier today and I seem to be having problems with the 32GB Micro SDHC Card I am using (KINGSTON).

I copied 28 epub books to the SD Card and on the KOBO I selected import and to keep files on SD Card.

I couldn't believe it. I got the error "NOT ENOUGH FREE SPACE”.

Is there anyway I can format the SD card whilst still in the KOBO? If so, How?

I have placed the epubs on the SD Card in this format:

\Author Name\Book Title\epub

I'm not sure this is the correct way. I have looked in the user manual and this seems to be vague.

Any assistance would be of great help.

Thanks
bigyun2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
suedenim
Connoisseur
suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox
How big are these ePub books?

Also what else do you have on your SD Card? Videos, photos or maybe an app or two are caching A LOT of data.
suedenim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyun2000 View Post
I copied 28 epub books to the SD Card and on the KOBO I selected import and to keep files on SD Card.
You may be mis-understanding what "keep files on SD Card" means. It's keeping the original files on the external card as well as copying them to the internal card. (the kobo app keeps all its stuff on the internal card afaik)
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
suedenim
Connoisseur
suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I haven't seen an epub over 1MB yet so round it up to 30MB thats not a lot of space when there is maybe 5GB free on the Kobo to start with. So what else is on there?
suedenim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
renee0986
Enthusiast
renee0986 began at the beginning.

I purchased a Lexar 32 GB card for my Vox and have not experienced any issues. I think I selected move files into kobo library but I don't believe it actually took up any space on my Kobo HD. Actually I'm pretty sure it didn't take up any space on the Kobo HD as I had 10 GB of books on my card which I moved into Kobo.

Be careful if you're looking to format the card. Some of these cards come with pre-loaded software. I know the one I purchased came with some sort of pre-loaded software. There was a warning on the package about losing the pre-loaded software. In the case of my card if lost it cannot simply be downloaded from the company website, I would have to contact the company directly.
renee0986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert