Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #16
wafercat
wafercat
wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch
Working with Nook problem

I have been unable to download the recommended restore software.

In reading the associated thread in the http://forum.xda-developers.com/ site I found that you can force a rebuild the Nook to the factory spec by holding both lower side buttons when re-powering the Nook.

I have done this and had real problems resigning up for my B&N account, not recalling any of the needed information. I went to the local B&N and the person there was most helpful and helped getting the account reset up.

I have downloaded and installed the 1.1.2 update now as I doubt that is possible on a rooted Nook.

Now I am going to root the updated Nook.
wafercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #17
wafercat
wafercat
wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wafercat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Re-Rooted my Nook

I now have my updated Nook rooted with the newer touchnooter. I must say the new nooter is much better looking and seems to work better too, though I have not been able to connect my Nook to by home WI-FI I will have to wait till I get to the Coffee House to complete the nooter.
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 05:39 AM   #18
wafercat
wafercat

Newer nooter installed

I have my Nook re-rooted with the newer nooter the loading seems graphical better but the loader it installs does not function as well as the last one I had.

In addition to this all of this has not helped by original problem, failed browsers.
I was able to do both the H&B and Android setups. The loaded News program works but will not show the weather at all.

The problem is I cannot access the Android apps and neither the internal browser or the mini Opera will function at all.

I have tried the internal browser again and found that the abdWireless app seems to be required to connect it to the WI-FI.

Unfortunately I was only able to connect to YouTube (useless to the touch nook) any attempt to change the web address simply came back to the YouTube page.

Last edited by wafercat; 04-12-2012 at 12:59 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #19
wafercat
wafercat

Continuing Saga of a rerooted touch Nook

Today's trip to the Coffee to connect my Nook got some good results. The B&N browser now actually works, though it is not particularly good browser. I was also able to connect to the Android app site and got some apps I needed.

I downloaded the mini Opera, unfortunately that app will not work. It shows me an intro page and crashes when I try to use it.

I will try some of the other browsers from the Android site, to get something more usable.

As my Nook is now I think I will be able kludge a usable Nook from the apps that are available.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
wafercat
wafercat

Browsers still dead

As of now I have reset my touch Nook to B&N stock setting several times, trying several Nooters. None of them will empower any browser I have been able to load into my Nook. I have become adept in resetting and re rooting my Nook, but this does not fix my problem.

I was given information about rebuilding the Nook software system, which is what I seem to need. This repair is said to be http://n2t.dyndns.org/n2T-Recovery_0.1.rar or 0.2.

I have been unable in any way to get this downloaded. Does this still exist?
Did it ever exist? Is there anything else that would be suitable to fix my problem?
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #21
wafercat
wafercat

Found a usable app

I have been working with my nook and finally have be able to download a sort of usable browser into it. It's the mini boat browser.

This is still not ideal, though it does work. It does not scale nor drag as well as the mini Opera and I'd really would like to get that back.

Because neither the built in or Opera will work in my Nook I think I have damaged the system software and have downloaded the Root Browser to look into this, but I'm not sure of what to look for.

Tags
explorer, root, rooting, touch nook