Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #826
tonuzzo84
tonuzzo84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi Guys, I've just installed the last version of Duokan 2012 for Kindle Touch. I didn't understand whether it's possible to choose a language which is different from Chinese or not. Could you help me? Thanks!
tonuzzo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #827
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonuzzo84 View Post
Hi Guys, I've just installed the last version of Duokan 2012 for Kindle Touch. I didn't understand whether it's possible to choose a language which is different from Chinese or not. Could you help me? Thanks!
Most probably not.
you can check whether this item is active or not:
Spoiler:

BTW: this file could be useful to use Duokan (it is on this post)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #828
tonuzzo84
tonuzzo84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
You're right thomass. The item you referred to isn't active yet. Probably I have to wait for a new version of duokan. Thank you very much.
tonuzzo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #829
gabe1986
gabe1986 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Where to send suggestions

Hi everybody.

I hope someone could help me

Someone knows an email address to send a couple of suggestions to Duokan team???
gabe1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #830
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1986 View Post
Someone knows an email address to send a couple of suggestions to Duokan team???
kindleuser@duokan.com
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #831
fforc9e
fforc9e began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle B00E with DuoKan
Recently someone upload this program to translate Duokan lang file, but I didnt manage to run this it. Could somebody tell me how to run this amazing app.
fforc9e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #832
davidjpatterson
davidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I've always been unable to get the light version to complete a download of an update and stumbled upon this sight for downloads:
http://www.vdisk.cn/happyhappy?tag=&p=1
I downloaded (using jdownloader) the latest stable for k3, copied the files over as per the first post, rebooted and now have an excellent version of 2012.

Thanks to all on this forum (and others) for their excellent work
davidjpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #833
thomass
Wizard

Duokan for Paperwhite

not released yet

At this stage only supports the 5.2.0 version of the original system, does not support 5.3.0.

Adjust the backlight:
Click image for larger version

Name:	170907lvovljsrofzysygz.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	96154
home directory:
Click image for larger version

Name:	170911x98ea2affoleocz8.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	96155

Last edited by thomass; 11-15-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:01 AM   #834
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fforc9e View Post
Recently someone upload this program to translate Duokan lang file, but I didnt manage to run this it. Could somebody tell me how to run this amazing app.
I didn't try it but this may help.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:08 AM   #835
Kindl3
Kindl3 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
A few questions guys (especially to Thomass )

1 - Compared to the Duokan Lite of 2011 (December), does the 2012 Duokan Lite have the ability to select notes? (like the original duokan operating system does)?

2 - What other features does the 2012 Duokan (or 2012 Duokan Lite) have which the past Duokans didn't have?

3 - Does Duokan have a notepad which we can use to type whatever we want in? Or is there any duokan app which would allow this?

4 - does Duokan plan on launching their own browser in the future?

5 - whats the latest and most stable version of Duokan in the english language (download link plz, and can i simply replace the system files instead of having to do a fresh reinstallation?)

many thanks and peace

Last edited by Kindl3; 11-15-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Kindl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #836
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindl3 View Post
A few questions guys (especially to Thomass )
As I mentioned earlier I'm not a member of Duokan Developer Team. Currently I even don't use it anymore since it has no support for localisation on Touch. (I don't know Chinese.) So it is more likely that I'm not the most capable person to answer questions about Duokan

1- if you mean the highlight function yes it has .
3- no and AFAIK no
4- probably not
5- if you have Kindle 3 or Kindle 4 you can use this version. You can just replace DK_System folder and restart Kindle.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #837
Kindl3
Kindl3 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
As I mentioned earlier I'm not a member of Duokan Developer Team. Currently I even don't use it anymore since it has no support for localisation on Touch. (I don't know Chinese.) So it is more likely that I'm not the most capable person to answer questions about Duokan

1- if you mean the highlight function yes it has .
3- no and AFAIK no
4- probably not
5- if you have Kindle 3 or Kindle 4 you can use this version. You can just replace DK_System folder and restart Kindle.
Salaam (Peace)

thomass, i knew you Turks were amazing thanks alot!
Kindl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #838
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindl3 View Post
Salaam (Peace)
Old 11-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #839
gabe1986
gabe1986 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
thanks!
gabe1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #840
oldbook
Enthusiast
oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Change duokan the way of text highlighting in K4NT?
Faster highlighting?
oldbook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf