Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Has distribution of 1.9 stopped?

been a couple of days and I am not gettng a firmware update option does anyone know if the rollout has been put on hold?
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
last i saw it's 5% of users at a time? maybe from the first batch and the errors some people are reporting they're waiting for wide release or they're still continuing the 5% release and just hope you're on the list. i plug my kobo in every morning and load up the desktop but i have yet to receive a pop up to say there's new firmware. guess we just sit and wait.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
It took me multiple clicking of sync (30 or 40 times, probably more) over 2 days to finally get it. I really wanted it to fix a small but annoying glitch with newspapers so I was motivated. Now I desperately wish I could have 1.74 back for newspapers. It now takes 5 secs to switch articles (used to be same time as a page refresh), 7 sec to open an article from the list (again used to be same as a page refresh), and 30 seconds to use the "back to article" function (used to be 3-4). Kobo customer care tells me they checked with development team and this is the "new normal" behaviour so I'm rather bitter with the update currently.
Robert
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

figures I ask the question and now I have the update its like magic
Old 03-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
figures I ask the question and now I have the update its like magic
notice any problems that some other users have reported on this site?
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
just got the update tonight, so far no issues.
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #7
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Other than newspaper issue I haven't had any problems with the update reader update (desktop seems to have an issue with wanting to re-download 1/2 my books every time as others have mentioned). I like the close book option. Haven't played with GO TO much but it seems like it's reasonable.
Robert
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:38 AM   #8
Sureguy
Sureguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
been a couple of days and I am not gettng a firmware update option does anyone know if the rollout has been put on hold?
I wasn't getting updates via my Kobo reader (choosing update), or the 1.9 software (choosing sync) at all. Following a suggestion in this thread from robko hitting sync seven times in the software resulted in an update being made available to my kobo. Thankfully I don't use the newspaper function so the issue robko is facing doesn't affect me.
Sureguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:00 AM   #9
Actionman
Actionman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Actionman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Actionman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Updated and all is well... I'm in NZ and also had to do the multiple sync thing.

A
Actionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:45 AM   #10
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Finally got the update after syncing like crazy.

Last edited by MorganM; 03-18-2011 at 06:54 AM.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #11
siraks
use the force

was going to try the multiple sync method this morning and as soon as i started up the desktop app and hit syn the update popped up for me.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #12
BorgDog
Tech Junkie
BorgDog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BorgDog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BorgDog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BorgDog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureguy View Post
I wasn't getting updates via my Kobo reader (choosing update), or the 1.9 software (choosing sync) at all. Following a suggestion in this thread from robko hitting sync seven times in the software resulted in an update being made available to my kobo. Thankfully I don't use the newspaper function so the issue robko is facing doesn't affect me.
Where's the update option on the Kobo itself? I can't seem to spot it.
BorgDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #13
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Where's the update option on the Kobo itself? I can't seem to spot it.
There is no update option on the Kobo reader itself. You are notified of an available software update when you connect with the USB cable or wireless.
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #14
baronrus
Addict

For me the update process was easy, fast and no issues at all. Goto page works well as does the close book option. Not sure why they changed the wireless icon but its not an issue. I dont know if the low battery indicator issue has been addressed. There is no change log so I'm not sure if there is an official list of changes or are we just suppoesed to stumble on them ourselves?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #15
siraks
use the force

there's some info in this thread, 3rd post in. i think it was copied from the kobo help site.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=124620