Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 01:33 AM   #1
gehko
gehko began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
v1.0 firmware with v 1.7.5 desktop app problem

hi. I've just signed up here because i have gone through several pages, and can't find anyone with the same problem as me.

I have the original kobo, running v1.0 firmware. it's been a while since i have used it. i was on kobo books today, and bought a book. I installed the kobo desktop app, and syncd to my account. i plugged in my kobo and tried to sync.

i get the message:

"We're sorry but your ereader is not compatible with this version of the desktop application (v 1.7.5).

Please contact customer care for assistance"

is there any way to upgrade the firmware outside of the desktop app? v 1.7.5 never prompted me that i needed to upgrade the firmware"

any download links would really be appreciated!
gehko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
I might be wrong, but have a feeling that you have to jump to 1.4
first. How to do that? Maybe some repository stores older versions
of desktop app. Or guys from kobo. When you upgrade to medium
version, it might let you upgrade the reader also. Maybe. If not, go
to the store near you and ask selling people to use their sd card.
If not, make your own and do the trick. I found 1.4 fine and feel no
remorse staying on it.
Of all possibilities, I think making your own sd card is the most
simple and successful.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehko View Post
hi. I've just signed up here because i have gone through several pages, and can't find anyone with the same problem as me.

I have the original kobo, running v1.0 firmware. it's been a while since i have used it. i was on kobo books today, and bought a book. I installed the kobo desktop app, and syncd to my account. i plugged in my kobo and tried to sync.

i get the message:

"We're sorry but your ereader is not compatible with this version of the desktop application (v 1.7.5).

Please contact customer care for assistance"

is there any way to upgrade the firmware outside of the desktop app? v 1.7.5 never prompted me that i needed to upgrade the firmware"

any download links would really be appreciated!
Hi Gehko,

Welcome to MR. I wasn't able to find a link, I'm still looking. You might want to contact customer support (they might ne able to send you a link or sd card) or go into a Chapters like Zoran suggested. Some people had problems updating and the sd card method seemed better. Hopefully somebody will have a better answer for you than I do.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Here's what I found

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=88979&page=7

It's post #18

Hope it works for you!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #5
gehko
gehko began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
thanks for the replies guys.

i got impatient trying to fix it myself, so i went to chapters yesterday and the girl there used an sd card to flash it from 1.0 to 1.4.

she handed me a pamplet about this issue, so i guess i'm not the only one that was still on 1.0.
gehko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert