Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #61
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
I wonder if any of the ipod batteries would be compatible as they look to have the same voltage and connector

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #62
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
I wonder if any of the ipod batteries would be compatible as they look to have the same voltage and connector

Sorry, only 600mAh. Even if it worked it would only last about half as long.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #63
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Yes but they may do a higher capacity one for another model
Old 10-14-2009, 10:40 PM   #64
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Like this one;
http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_i...ml?PID=2133188

I think the size of the battery is meant to be in cm and not inches, I doubt they would sell an ipod battery bigger than an ipod.

Here have a few different sized 3.7v 1000mah batteries.
http://www.batteriesamerica.com/ipod_batteries.htm (BP-iPODPHOTO actually looks like the most appropriate).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:10 AM   #65
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
A simple voltmeter would be cheaper and simpler. Just check the pins and compare the voltage output pins with the current model. If it passes this test it is very very unlikely that the unit will blow up.

Dale
yes, it's very unlikely that it will blow up, but we still don't know what the device interacts with the battery using the third pin, so it's hard to tell if it will work.
That third pin probably allows communication with a microchip in the battery...
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 01:12 AM   #66
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post

the most interesting thing is that the screw driver included with the device looks exactly the same as one of those in the picture
Old 10-15-2009, 01:13 AM   #67
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Sorry, only 600mAh. Even if it worked it would only last about half as long.

Dale
if it works well (unlike my battery) then I'll settle for 2000 pages...
Old 10-15-2009, 01:15 AM   #68
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
yes, it's very unlikely that it will blow up, but we still don't know what the device interacts with the battery using the third pin, so it's hard to tell if it will work.
That third pin probably allows communication with a microchip in the battery...
Generally the third pin is a temperature sensor to avoid overcharging the battery. You can tell that with a voltmeter as well. It will output a voltage that can be sensed.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:24 AM   #69
SDRebel
Addict

this one is 4.59 shipped
http://www.suntekstore.com/650mAh-Re...iPod-Mini.html
Old 10-15-2009, 01:24 AM   #70
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Generally the third pin is a temperature sensor to avoid overcharging the battery. You can tell that with a voltmeter as well. It will output a voltage that can be sensed.

Dale
if that is the case, then it would be alright, but if it is not the case....then we don't really know
Old 10-15-2009, 02:09 AM   #71
gargoyle67
Addict

Come on you brave souls are you Americans or American'ts
Old 10-15-2009, 03:12 AM   #72
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
if that is the case, then it would be alright, but if it is not the case....then we don't really know
I have checked the stock battery cell that came with my PocketPRO. The Black wire is the the common or ground wire that everything is in reference to. The Red wire is the battery's output(or input for charging), which is about 4.2 volts fully charged and about 2.8 volts when fully discharged. The nominal voltage is 3.7 volts. The Yellow wire is the SBD (Smart Battery Data) signal, which has no data when the battery is disconnected from the device. The SBD signal is a bi-directional digital signal used to provide information about the battery to the PocketPRO microprocessor. Since the SBD signal is digital, you need an oscilloscope to see it properly, and you also need to understand the SBD protocol to know what the information on the SBD signal is. The SBD signal is the middle connection on the PocketPRO connector, so any replacement would also need all the connections in the the same order on the three wire connector.

The electrical properties of the PocketPRO battery cell are very similar to the newer Nokia BL-5C 1000 mah cells. The Nokia BL-5C is a Lithium Ion cell, but the PocketPRO uses a 1000 mah Lithium Polymer cell, so the form factor is very different. The Nokia BL-5C cell that I use in my Hanlin V3 is 5.5mm thick, but the cell in my PocketPRO is only 3.6mm thick. If a replacement cell is thicker than 3.5mm it will not be possible to get the PocketPRO battery cover to fit properly. IMHO, that 3.6mm thickness is going to be difficult to find in anything but another Lithium Polymer cell.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #73
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Ok, I think I am DAMN close to having found the battery

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/25...ry_703048.html

The size is a tad smaller. If you start looking through the pics of batteries, they look very similar to the PP battery in terms of battery packaging ie:yellow tape around the edges. I wonder if GEB is the manufacturer? Their website http://www.gebattery.com.cn has a HUGE list of batteries, very close in size. Anyone game to remove the black sticker covering their battery and look for a model/manufacturer?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #74
gargoyle67
Addict

That does look pretty darn close Solicitous, Although there's no pricing on the page.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #75
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Ok, I think I am DAMN close to having found the battery

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/25...ry_703048.html

The size is a tad smaller.
It is smaller in height and width, but it is TWICE as thick, so the PocketPRO battery cover will not close with that battery in it.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote