Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-04-2014, 06:26 AM   #1
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Onyx M96 pictures of the cover

Someone asked me for the pictures of the cover M96 from Booxtor's store comes with so here they are in case others are interested, under summer sun at full blast (no reflections, magic! ).

In another thread I briefly mentioned the cover already, now you can have a closer look. Bare in mind that the cover has been in constant use for about a month now.

Front:

Back: (magnetic button)

Open: (notice the 'dents' to accommodate the buttons and joystick)

Open and folded: (the reader sits very securely in it's 'cradle', you can close the button so that it doesn't stick out)

Stylus loop above the reader:

As I said before I wish the stylus loop was on the side (or both sides for both left- and right-handed users) instead of above the reader. There is not much room there and it takes some practice to fish out the stylus. I normally keep it behind my ear when I scribble a lot, so not really a big issue, but still a little annoyance, M92 cover was better in this respect IMO.

The cover has a soft and quality feel to it but at the same time is quite prone to scuffs, as you can see. The amount of padding seems more than enough.

I think it's a good product overall.

----

Report bugs on Boox M96 Wishlist page

Last edited by machinogodzilla; 11-07-2014 at 06:21 AM.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
doktorek
doktorek began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
As I said before I wish the stylus loop was on the side (or both sides for both left- and right-handed users) instead of above the reader. There is not much room there and it takes some practice to fish out the stylus. I normally keep it behind my ear when I scribble a lot, so not really a big issue, but still a little annoyance, M92 cover was better in this respect IMO.
Yeah, I wonder who had an idea to move the stylus loop to the top, just above the reader. That's probably the worst place one can imagine, fishing it out is really not easy, for people with large hands it's even worse. Not a big problem in comparison to buggy software and we can use our ears as a better place for the stylus, as you mention Still, kinda fascinating how a well designed product/idea is flushed down the toilet in the next iteration...
doktorek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
derball2008
derball2008 doesn't litterderball2008 doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
[...]I normally keep it behind my ear when I scribble a lot, so not really a big issue, but still a little annoyance, M92 cover was better in this respect IMO.
[...]
like a sir
Thank you for the pictures!
derball2008 is offline   Reply With Quote