Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #136
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
I'll check this later... There are currently quite a few things which changed for the worse with 5.1.0, and I'm trying to sort them out in the order of (my) priorities
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #137
Conner
Enthusiast
Conner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Long Story Short, can you port this to kindle keyboard?
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #138
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Long story even shorter: nope.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #139
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftail View Post
However, as Cscat said, items within submenus appear only the first time they are opened. After that you need to restart the framework in order for them to appear again.
This affects JSON menus only, and I'm unsure why this is happening. Workaround: label it as a dynamic menu in the config.xml, i.e.:

Code:
<menu type="json" dynamic="true">menu.json</menu>
Old 04-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #140
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Most of yifanlu's stuff is GPL, so not only does than make uploading your changes acceptable, but actually *required* if you distribute your changes.
I know about GPL and stuff.
But I wasn't sure yifan would agree to me distributing my binary version of his launcher, so I just left my stuff on github in source files (and on my KT to be used in my extensions ^_^ ).

Maybe ixtab could include my changes to his published version, 'cause I wasn't able to create update.bin packages last time I tried.
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #141
test011
Connoisseur
test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: K2i, K3(B006), KT(WiFi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMan View Post
I know about GPL and stuff.
But I wasn't sure yifan would agree to me distributing my binary version of his launcher, so I just left my stuff on github in source files (and on my KT to be used in my extensions ^_^ ).

Maybe ixtab could include my changes to his published version, 'cause I wasn't able to create update.bin packages last time I tried.
It's great to see able people contributing for public.
Could you tell us what kind of changes they are?

Oh, here they are!
http://goo.gl/lrGoe

Quote:
It enables developer create extensions that make menus right when user taps "Launcher" thus making it possible to create stuff like "status" menus that would show e.g. correct state of USB networking regardless of device reboots/USB networking changes and such

Last edited by test011; 04-16-2012 at 11:06 PM.
test011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #142
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
It must be a problem with the specific extension (which one are you talking about?). For instance, WPA-EAP, which uses (1-level) submenus, continues to work without any problems.
I encountered another error that may not necessarily be related to GUI Launcher but is a result of update 5.1.0. I think the error is reproducible:
Install the extension WaffleTodos. As soon as the keyboard shows up to enter a todo in the list, the application crashes with error "The selected application could not be started. Please try again."
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #143
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Hiya,
PPS: If someone at Amazon reads this: I mean it. People enjoy open systems, developers and users alike. By trying to lock people in, you're only locking yourself out from opportunities.
At least they aren't as bad as MICROSOFT
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #144
matejs
matejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
All menus that have submenu have this issue on my KT... for instance, WaffleTodos, even orientation (I know it's no longer needed for 5.1.0 but anyways!)
I have the same issue.
After reboot or framework restart I can enter any submenu in launcher, but only once. No matter if I clicked on anything in it, all submenus disappear from that point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-04-26T20_32_04-0200.gif
Views:	433
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	85742  
matejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #145
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by matejs View Post
I have the same issue.
After reboot or framework restart I can enter any submenu in launcher, but only once. No matter if I clicked on anything in it, all submenus disappear from that point.
did you try this:
Quote:
Workaround: label it as a dynamic menu in the config.xml, i.e.:
Code:
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #146
sumpin
Enthusiast
sumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to behold

Device: down to just a PW4
Quote:
This affects JSON menus only, and I'm unsure why this is happening. Workaround: label it as a dynamic menu in the config.xml, i.e.:

Code:
Thanks for the tip!!!
sumpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #147
matejs
matejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with othersmatejs plays well with others

Quote:

Code:
Thanks, this resolved the problem. Orientation submenu now works all the time.
matejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #148
ixtab
(offline)

Version 1.2.0 (Firmware 5.1.0)

Ok, here's an update.

I re-integrated the orientation stuff into the distribution, and re-activated the integration as a Reader Plugin (so you get the Launcher again inside the normal ebook reader).

Note 1: Upside-down orientation doesn't work (except if combined with jbpatch)
Note 2: This still does not show the launcher menu in WAF applications, such as the browser.
Note 3: all Json menus are now treated as "dynamic", so no more need to explicitly specify it (but you still can).

Source code is here: https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/ktlauncher

... and the binary is attached.

Enjoy!

@JustAMan: do you want commit access to the repository?

Update: The file attached here did not work on all devices. There is a fixed version here.

Last edited by ixtab; 05-08-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #149
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Quote:
@JustAMan: do you want commit access to the repository?
Hmm, I can send pull request I suppose...

I don't have 5.1.0 on my KT and don't plan to upgrade right now (as upgrading might theoretically involve some de-bricking thus taking some more time than 15 minutes), so I won't be able to test the code completely... and I always failed to make update.bin to install.
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #150
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Ok, here's an update.

I re-integrated the orientation stuff into the distribution, and re-activated the integration as a Reader Plugin (so you get the Launcher again inside the normal ebook reader).

You can safely remove the code to enable/disable refreshOnTurn from setorientation.sh as the new firmware does not lock after 6 pages refresh.
You could use the code from the original launcher 1.0 which doesn't need setorientation.sh at all.

Last edited by wolftail; 05-02-2012 at 09:38 AM.
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks